stabbing pains

xemmax
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:22 pm 
Post subject: stabbing pains
just wondered if you could help!
im 10 and a half weeks pregnant and over the last few days ive been having some niggling pains in the left side of my stomach then yesterday they turned into stabbing pains. I went to the hospital where they took a urine sample, and pressed around over my stomach (quite firmly), then concluded that as ive been having a bit of a problem with constipation then that would be the cause. A bit concerned as they didnt scan me or any thing is how they could be so conclusive! has anyone else had anything like this? ive got a scan booked on thursday so hopefully all is well x
cardea
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:37 pm 
Post subject: pains
Hello !

I experienced bad pelvic pain all the way through my pregnancy - on both sides of my pelvis. At the very begining it was really bad and i was was taking 400mg anti-inflamatories convinced i was expecting the worst period ever ! When my period did not turn up and it turned out i was pregnant the pain did not stop and every twing was a worry. My Doctor expalined that it is down to a mixture of relaxin being released in your body which soften your ligaments, the ligaments stretching and, in my case scar tissue from my endometriosis being moved around and stretching. I was worried it was a sign of an eptopic pregnancy and a private scan at 8 weeks reassured me the baby was growing in the correct place and this was not the cause of the pain ( the NHS would not give me a scan even with a history of missed miscarriage's and my reporting of severe pain because i was not experiencing any bleeding ) I hope that your scan reasures you that all is well and don't be afraid to ask your doctor or midwife about the pain - i bet they will reassure you that it is totally normal and hearing it from a health professional might ease your worries a little. Good luck !
kye
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:41 pm 
Post subject: stabbibg pains
I'm only six weeks pregnant but I have had stabbing pains that had me doubled over groaning but have been told it's normal, if you think about it the body has alot of changing to do so there will be a bit of pain, we just panic because we don't no what to expect as long as there's no heavy bleeding I think you'll be fine good luck x
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:02 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya just fort id commet cause as we speak im in agony with a horribul staping pain in my side wish it would go away lol......but just like before u was pregnant u got pains supose it like that while ya pregnant aswell but its scary cause u think what if it sumin rong with baby. ouchhhhhhhhhhhh im ganna go get paracetmol lol x
GGmommy
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:46 pm 
Post subject: Normal???
HI wondering if anyone can offer me any advice? I am only a month pregnant still in early days and scared! I have general aches which i presume after reading posts is normal....but I have quite bad cramps in my left side and only really my far left side, kind of as high as my tummy button but further over. I am frightened of an ectopic pregnancy and will go to the doctor this week. Could this be anything normal...am i just fretting??? There are no other symptoms, i was expecting things to be more balanced across my tummy??? Any thoughts? Confused
FingersCrossed
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:12 am 
Post subject:
GGmommy
I had exactly the same thing and when I tried to ask my doctor about it he just dismissed it and said I should let him know if they got more frequent and intense.
I ended up going to hospital and having loads of tests and a scan - the baby is in the right place. They could not tell me why I was getting the pains in the left side only.

Therefore if it gets really bad just go to the hospital, if it is on off pain a few times a day like mine then you should be fine, mine lasted from 4 wks to 7 wks
Good luck xxx
tay
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:15 pm 
Post subject: What a pain!!!
to xemmax and others,
I'm having pains too! Had early scan and blood tests but they're telling me they're normal. I've just come home from work as they are so bad. I called the EPU at the hospital and they were very reassuring, so thought i'd tell you what they said so it might put your mind at rest. They said it was all due to the changes that are happening - called it pelvic congestion!? The bones are softening, ligaments are stretching, uterus is getting heavier and the bowls and bladder are having to move to make room - putting at like that, there is a lot going on down there!!! Made me feel better!
If you feel that something is wrong call the EPU (early pregnancy unit) at the hospital that you are registered at and ask to speak to someone. If they are worried they will scan you (as long as you are more than 6 weeks). If not, they may be able to give you advice.
Hope the pains are getting better!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular