very protective

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm 
Post subject: very protective
hi all. i dont no if im the only 1 but when im out in public i become very nervous about people. im scared that some 1 will just come up 2 me and hurt me and the baby. im 23weeks pregnant and dont no if i feel like this because the babys dad put me thru alot while bein pregnant hitting me and the mental abuse as well. he now in prison for punching me in the face while i was 14 week pregnant and causing bad injurys. thanx god my baby was fine. or it could be all the news on yobs and how out of controle they are. i find myself holding my belly while im out. ami the only 1 or am i going nuts.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:53 am 
Post subject:
hello again, Im sorry youve had such a horrible time with your ex and im glad they put him in prision away from you and ur baby.

erm yeah im starting to get abit like that, like if im walking and theres some kids mucking about i get worried one will fall into me. I do sometimes get worried if im around people who have been drinking aswell and even when i think someone looks dodgy i think what if they attack me... So by the looks of things yes i am a worrier. I dont hold my bump yet as when ive got my coat on i dont look pregnant.

I think as times goes on il get worse xx.
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:14 pm 
Post subject: xx
thanxs for reply its nice to noim not goin mental lolxx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I'm a bit the same too. I'm a very nervous person and if i'm on the bus I panic that someone will elbow me in the bump and hurt the baby. I got an card through yesterday for a colposcopy appt in march and phoned them to say I wouldn't be able to attend (as adivised by my GP when pregnancy got confirmed) and the lady said I had to come in anyway so they could take a look. I totally freaked out and phoned the GP in tears cos I was convinced that if they even touched my cervix I would miscarry. The GP was great and calmed me down and said I didn't have to go but it really unsettled me. I totally understand your protectiveness and what's happened to you with your ex is awful and you're doing so well holding everything together so well xxxxxx
gingin
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:16 am 
Post subject:
oh mylillamb i am sorry to read your post - your a very brave girl indeed and its totally normal be nervous after what you have been through - I know that people say you have to face fear etc but in your case i think whilst your pregnant you should take care and if you go out try and plan for someone to meet you or be with you
I am sure you can get councelling too or at least i am sure there is a help group of something - you are a victim of abuse and so it should have been automatically offered to you when all that bad stuff happened- god men like that should have their balls removed!
please dont put yourself in "stressful" situations it wont be good for you or the baby
take care
gx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:52 am 
Post subject: xx
thanxs for all ya replys. its been nice 2 no im not alone and ppl out there 2 help me thanxs again xx
nadine101
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun hope ur okay im 24 week pregnant and i can relate to what ur saying alot like lol im protective of my bump and scared of something happening u just have to take things easy and look after urself rest when ur tired and try not to worry about thing i know how hard that is saying that but have a nice bath and relax when ur stessed or that and take things easy
booter
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
I think you get more protective the further on you get. I think it has alot to do with our instincts as mothers to be. I'm extremely protective of my bump and have been pretty much since I started showing, but definately more so now I'm nearly at the end of my pregnancy.

It's strange because in bed sometimes MrBooter raises his knees up by my bump and I always wake up just at the point that his knee is about to make contact with my bump and manage to shield it in time.

I am naturally very clumsey and although I'm always protective I still end up walking into things or drastically misjudging tight spaces.Lol!
nadine101
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
yeah so too lol i like hug my bump when i sleep coz im scared of lieing on it lol
BIGRED10
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:47 pm 
Post subject:
hi chick im really sorry uve had a hard time so far with ur pregnancy, but dont worry ur not goin mad at all Im only 2 months and not really showing yet but i notice that i stay away from cramped places or if there is a biggish crowd i put my hand over mybelly and am very protective already, so can u imagine wot ill be like when im 24 wks. So try and take things easy and enjoy the rest of ur pregnancy and good luck pet xooxoxox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular