breastfeeding help plz

puss2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:28 pm 
Post subject: breastfeeding help plz
hello everyone.
my baby is 5 weeks old and i am combination feeding. i feed at the breast then top up with formula. it has been going ok until this week. my baby has become very fussy when i try to latch him on, putting his hands in the way, bending over back wards, and nipple feeding. because of this, he hasn`t fed for longer than 5 mins at a time and now my milk isupply is getting lower. i`m upset because i really wanted to make a go of it this time. anyone know what i can do? Crying or Very sad
mayann75
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:03 pm 
Post subject: breastfeeding help .....
hi there...i am a mom of two....7 yr old boy and a daughter who turns a month tomorrow (Feb 14).....with my son i didnt get to breastfeed as much as i wanted but with my baby girl i am....its not easy...at first it was very painful....but what i have learnt is that the more u try the more better u get at it....as the saying goes "practice makes perfect!".....and dont lose patience....i know, it is not easy....but in time u will see how well it goes...not to mention how much it benefits your baby...and YOU...i lost 23 lbs in 11 days after i got my baby.....that should be motivation enough.....
i am from a south american country so my mother-in-law made some barley porridge for me...that brings down your milk so fast that u always have to have breast pads...maybe u want to try the barley?!....

anywaz, good luck!
mamasan78
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:05 am 
Post subject:
it might be because when you feed with the bottle the flow is usually faster and it is easier for the baby to feed with it than with the breast. the more she suckles the more milk you produce she might be getting a bit lazy! maybe try with a slow flow or special breastfeeding teat?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular