Age 43 and pregnant!!!

LiLi1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:57 am 
Post subject: Age 43 and pregnant!!!
Hello,

My name is Lisa and I am 9 weks pregenat with my first child. This has come as a huge surprise/shock to my hubby and I...

are we too old? we both have very busy lives and we both feel overhwelmed with sometimes excitment and sometimes fear...is this normal...

your feelings would be appreciated....

xx
ElliottsDaddy
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Are you to old. No is the answer. I was 38 and my wife the same when we had our son.

If you have a busy social life then you are in for a shock but I'm sure people have already mentioned that. It is the lack of sleep that is hard. My concern was would I have the energy to run around the garden and general play. I have had no problem.

I am not sure what you mean by busy lives, if that is work related. We both had busy lives but we decided to bit the bullet and my wife gave up work, reducing the family income by over 2/3 but it has be the best thing we ever did. You adapt, if you want to adapt.

Go with the flow and enjoy your pregnancy and your child once he/she is born.

And congratulations.
Hugs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
My mum had me when she was 43, like you. She and my dad are still going strong at 77 years of age and I didn't have my son til 34 years of age (this year). It may be hard on the body but you can make up for it with wisdom and life experience. Best of luck. Also my mum said she didn't experience so much hormonal imbalance when she had me i.e. no baby blues.
Cublet
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there. I am pregnant with my second child at 39. I don't think it's too old.....my Mum had me when she was 40. I didn't really want kids until I was 35, and by then my hubby and I had done up our house and had our youthful fun....and both felt ready and mature for parenthood. Our daughter is 9 months, so we will have our hands full when baby number 2 arrives, I know, but if you are fit and healthy, then that's fine, I think. Good luck with your pregnancy.... Very Happy
elvagreen
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:57 am 
Post subject: You will be a great mother
It never can be too late to have baby. Razz
I gave birth to my second baby at my 28 with Herry I met on singleparentloving.com. I feel very proud of my 2 daughters right now.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular