I've had my baby, here is my birth story

bumpno2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:47 pm 
Post subject: I've had my baby, here is my birth story
Hi everyone, I had my darling baby boy, Owen Robert on Tuesday 6th May at 10.46am weighing 8lb 3oz. Here is my birthstory I went into labour at 9.15pm on Monday 5th May (my due date!). It started with period type pains for about 30mins then at 9.45 i started to have back ache every 4-5mins. I had a bath at 11pm and had a few back twinges during the next 30 mins. I phoned the maternity ward and explained that this was my second baby but as i have group b strep, i was concerned when to go to the ward. I also have an 18 month old son and my mum and dad were to look after him during my labour. They advised me to go to bed and relax but i couldn`t sleep as the pains in my back and now stomach were coming every 3 mins! At 2am my mum and dad arrived to look after Ross and we went to the hospital. Once there my contractions were monitored for 1 1/2 hours but i was only 2-3 cm dilated so i wanted to go home. I went back to bed at 4.30 but couldn`t sleep as the pains got much worse very quickly. They were much more intense than in my first labour. At 7am i got up and went to the toilet where a large mucus plug came out! My hind waters had gone also. I went to the hospital with my husband, John and was in agony in the car! Once there i was given IV Clindomycin and admitted. I was found to be 8cm dilated and rushed to the delivery suite! Like my first birth i had gas and air which really helped. The contractions were much more painful with this birth but the labour was much quicker. I had made up some `labour` CDs of my favourite music which helped me relax also. I was soon 10cm dilated but my front waters were still intact. The midwife who was called Linda broke my waters and my darling baby boy Owen Robert was born after just 2 pushes at 10.46 am! The pushing was painful but better than with my first birth and much quicker. Owen had some oxygen and suction but was soon nice and pink and crying loudly! I said that morning to John and my mum that i would ` NEVER AGAIN` want to go through another labour but my son is only 2 days old and i`m already missing being pregnant and surprisingly would willingly go through another labour and birth. Being a mother is the most wonderful feeling in the world and even with having a 2 day old and a very lively 18 month old toddler, i would gladly have another baby in the future! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:39 am 
Post subject:
Arr great story, Glad everything turned out ok in the end. Sounds painful. xxx

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations!!!! am pleased everything is ok. xx
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
oh congrats lovley story hun xxx lisa
Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 pm 
Post subject:
hi here is my birth story of kallum, i was in the bath one evening and i felt something moving from down below i could feel kallum head moving so i thought he was coming with no contractions so i wrapped a towel round my head and walked round to my step dads house which is where my mum was i told her then rang up the hospital they told me to come in so they could check me over, they sent me home because my waters had not broken and i hadnt had my show this was sunday 27th april 2008 couple of days went passed then i had my show on the 29th april 2008 i werent worried about it i thought i have ages yet because he was not due till 14th may then i started getting tiny trikkles down my leg 3rd may i had no clue what it was so i left in the sunday i rang up the hospital they told me to coeme in for another check up and she said that the hind waters behind the baby had broken and they needed to induce me but they couldn't do it till the 5th may so i was sent home again. monday the 5th may at 1 oclock i got into the ambulance and i was having the tinyest contractions every ten minutes not painful, i lay on the bed as the midwife told me what they was going to do to me all i could think about is having a cigarette because i had gone the whole morning without one, i was induced on the drip every half hour the midwife would come in and turn it up a knotched, i remeber asking her "how long will i take before i have him" but know ones going to know that. i started getting pains in my lower back and lower abdomen and i would have a couple of puffs on the gas and air one time i took in too much and felt all light headed that when my partner came in from having a fag i was laying ther laughing and i couln'd stop my self i had them things across my belly to keep and eye on his heart beat and my contractions i couldn't move i just lay there holding my stomach it hurt that much the midwife just stood there i was shouting "help me help me! the baby is coming" then my partner walked in again because he was outside having another fag because he hates hospitals, they just told me to keep pushing but every time i pushed my back and belly woulld hurt even more then at 7:29pm monday 5th may kallum was born finally after 6 hours of labour whch was less than my first but way more painful.
chantrelle
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
what wonderful birth stories hope both babies are doin well and mummys of course.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2008 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular