Lizzie,

keeping everything crossed for you!
Lizziej
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
So, yesterday I called the dr. office sure I was having an eptopic pregnancy because of the funny pain very low in the ab towards the hip.

The doctor explain the the overies are still enlarged from the cycle and as they begin to shrink I will feel that strange pulling, tearing feeling. I'm to keep resting and not put to much strain on the body.

Last night in the middle of the night a sharp driving pain went shooting through my left boob.

The progesterone shot last night was the first one that hurt. I'm not sure if my DH didn't quite do it right, if I was standing in a funny position or if I am just to bruised on the buttocks to handle any more injections.

My boobs don't seem to be as sore as they had been. I was feeling a bit sick yesterday here and there but I think that was all nerves and has nothing to do with pregnacy.

As it is getting closer I feel less and less optimistic that this round worked. The wait is a killer.

Please let me know how everyone else starting an IVF cycle is doing. I think there are quite a few of us IVF'ers out there but not a lot of information so it would be great to hear other's experiences.

Lizzie

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d047
breezer
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:46 am 
Post subject:
Lizzie

as soon as I start my cycle will keep you all posted.... I am so nervous and excited with the referral coming up (like you said it will all be taken out of my hands) however still hopeful that by some twist of fate even after four years with no bfp it may happen a week after appointment!

Since joing ab so reassuring to know that I am not the only one going through this _every single one of my friends and family now has a baby or is pregnant and don't feel like I can talk to them about what going through (only a couple people know about our situation - although I think people suspect there is a problem) don't want them to feel guilty about being pregnant and moreover don't want to be pitied!

Soory for the over emotional gush Embarassed
helen73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
hi lizzie,

got everything crossed for you sweetie, i start the whole process on friday when i get my day 21 scan and start on stuff to let clinic take control of my cycle.....can't remember name of stuff at the moment Confused

haven't been on here for so long as have been trying not to think about the whole thing as we lead up to it, but now that it's almost upon me i thought i'd come back.

best of luck to you, and hope you get your bfp

lots of love,

helen xxx
MelG71
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hey

I'm due to start injections for my first IVF cycle tomorrow so have read your posts with interest Lizzie - really hoping that it all works out for you and you are posting your BFP on here in the next couple of days.

Melx
Doddsy
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies
There's a post in TTC from Lizzie. Her first cycle didn't work out Sad but she's hopeful for next time xxx
perkypolly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:08 pm 
Post subject: Hi lizzie
GOOD LUCK with your blood result. I have also just gone through my first cycle of IVF in March so i no how anxious you feel.
Polly
perkypolly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:15 pm 
Post subject: lizzie
Hi lizzie am sorry your first cycle didnt work out and it takes time to get over it and get your strength back for the next cycle. I am just getting stronger now after 4 weeks later.
polly
Sanje
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:53 am 
Post subject:
Oh Lizzy I do hope everything works out well for you, thank you for your interesting post. I am a little mature as well and I am not able to go thru the IVF fully but have been offered the option fo the same drug treatment and to try to conceive myself without the egg retreval part of it as due to my age, its not so likely that all the eggs would fertilise and do well. Its interesting to hear how you were with the drugs as I am really only put off the whole idea by how I might be affected by them.

Fingers crossed for wonderful news in your next post.

All the best.
ja43118
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:08 pm 
Post subject: Thank you
Lizziej - I have tried to follow your story and can't see any more posts - I have my fingers crossed that everything has worked out and you are on hols or something.

I just wanted to thank you so much - as your post is exactly the kind of information I was looking for - as I dont know what to expect and when it all happens.

You are obviously a kind and thoughtful person - and I wish you all the best on your quest.

Jo x
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:01 pm 
Post subject: Just completed my first IVF cycle
Hi Girls,

Just thought I would add my experience to this site.
I started the IVF cycle about 4-5 weeks ago with the pill and then the injections. Fortunately I did not have too many side-effects. I am 39.
I had my egg collection on friday and they extracted 11 follicles but then called us the next day to let us know there were 7 eggs and only 4 were mature!! Then they told us that only 3 had fertilised so we would need to come in monday for egg transfer.
It was quite a difficult day as they told us from the 3 that only 2 were better quality grade 3 but were dividing slowly. Anyway they thought the best option was to do the egg transfer yesterday with the 2 eggs. So i am home now technically on bed rest.
I went for acupuncture following egg transfer which increases the chances.
Now i am home and getting bored. The doctors say go back to normal but other evidence says take it easy for the next 3-4 days giving the embroyo a chance to attach itself, so reduce your stress levels.
I have to go for blood test next friday so it is a waiting game now.
Wish me luck girls.

T
lillia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tahara,
Good luck, hun. I am going for my folicle scan on friday and hopefully egg collection on Tuesday.

Come and join our IVF ICSI IUI thread, we are all supporting each other and its fab to be able to talk to people who know what you are going through.

xx
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
Tahara
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lilia,

Thanks for your message. Gud luck with your scan on friday. And hopefully your egg collection will be on monday. I had about a good 11 follicles and from this had 7 eggs.
Try to get out over the weekend so your mind is not constantly thinking about monday.
I am off work for 2 weeks now so trying to chill. I have not told many people as I just can't handle the questions. And have not been drinking alcohol which is abit anti-social but it is worth it.
Anyway thinking of u on friday. Good luck

Tahara xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular