Life after sterilisation reversal

heroes
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:22 am 
Post subject: Life after sterilisation reversal
Hi all, I have read some of your stories on here and its great to see you all, sometimes its like your the only person in the world who has had this op. I had my reversal on the 22 June 2009, 2 weeks ago from posting this topic. Does anyone know the doe's and dont's after the op? I had open surgery with a 6 inch scar and its lumpy, does that dissapear? Apart from that I feel quite well. I had Diclofenic tablets after but I was getting terrible side effects from them so I stopped taking them, under consultants advice (no worries). Also I have got my first AF and heavier than usual, is this normal? good luck to everyone ttc, Karen xxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Hello Karen,

what youre describing is perfectly normal. You should not lift anything heavy for about 6 weeks, and typically no driving for around 3 - 4 weeks if you have a 6" scar. It should fade into a silvery line given time. You can hardly see mine - and the scar tissue/lumpy line does break down. You should massage it with wheatgerm oil (from the body shop) - its good at reducing scar tissue.
As long as you take it easy - and are gentle, bd'ing should be okay. My first af after op was quite heavy, but like Anna, mine have got lighter and last only 3-4 days now. Its made a huge difference.

Julie xxx

Last edited by JulieWoo on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 am 
Post subject:
Karen my Ist AF was very heavy after reversal
But now they seem to be lighter and not painfull
When you feal ready to try just take it easy and make sure o/h gentle and all should be ok
My best Friend got pg the 1st mth of trying after reversal Shocked

My scar is still red and numb and next mth its been a year for us gone very quick
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:50 am 
Post subject: reversal sterilisation
Hi, thankyou for the advice, it was great to hear from you, my AF seems to be going on forever and really heavy, though once thats out the way with it'll be all go from there lol, I shall definately try the wheatgerm oil once scar has healed over, its so itchy at the moment, im keeping the dressing on until the hot weather is over for now, I shall just be glad when I can return to normal duties, gsh I cant believe I moan about doing housework and normal duties, when I cant wait to start them again, xxxxxx Razz [/list]
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:32 am 
Post subject:
I rember fealing like that with the house work ben my o/h did try hard bless him but just not the same used to hate watching him struggle
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular