Looks like we may have to adopt

Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:15 pm 
Post subject: Looks like we may have to adopt
I know I'm jumping the gun a bit as I haven't had IVF yet but I just wanted to check out the rules for adopting.
I know its only a guideline but it says they base age of the child on the oldest of the couple and dont allow an age gap of more than 45 years.
I'm 34 but DH is 44 so unless we do it now I still won't get the baby my heart longs for. I know thats not all adoption is meant to be about but can't help thinking how would i cope never having a baby Crying or Very sad
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
Minxy, you are still both young enough to adopt & you are perfectly able to adopt. I am 36 in July and my hubby is 44 in July and we are adopting a 1 year old little boy later this month Very Happy
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Oh many congrats huni!

May I pick urs brains a little and ask how long the process took?

We are having IVF hopefully soon but I still want to adopt even if i am lucky enough to have my own. Do you think they will still let us?

Cheers xx
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:51 am 
Post subject:
thank you hun Very Happy

Don't worry, if you have your own they will still let you adopt Very Happy The process is quite long & I don't want to depress you but every case is different. From the time we applied to the time we were approved to adopt it was almost 2 years & then we have had a further 1 year & 5 months wait to be matched to a little one. As you can see it is definatley not an overnight process & it is very emotionally draining! Goodluck if you do go for it but be prepared for alot of waiting & of course obtrusive questions. It is worth it in the end though Very Happy Very Happy
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

We have been looking into adoption after 2 years of TTC with no luck, and it nice to hear that youre journey has finally paid off. Can I ask did you adopt from your own country or from abroad, we were thinking of adopting from China, and I was wondering if that takes longer??

I bet you can't wait to have your little boy home with you =]

Kas

x

xxSUExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kas Smile

Congrats on your bfp Razz

We adopted from our own country (UK). I have heard it can take longer to adopt abroad due to immigration paperwork on top off the adoption process. If you want to adopt from abroad (and you are in the UK) then you just need to contact an agency and do it through them, I think it may be easier that way. I guess now you have your bfp you won't be looking into it but goodluck if in the future you go for it Razz
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 am 
Post subject:
Thanks thats cheered me right up!
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:10 am 
Post subject:
i wouldnt worry too much about you age to be honest im adopted, my mums a foster carer and her friends (aged 50+) have just adopted another little girl, so age isnt really too much of a factor as long as your healthy and capable xxxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular