first time mum-to-be n no idea wot to do!!!!!!

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:39 am 
Post subject: first time mum-to-be n no idea wot to do!!!!!!
I went to hospital a few weeks ago with kidney pains, they did a urine sample and blood tests and found i was 5 weeks pregnant, they did tests to make sure it wasn't ectopic (luckily everything is normal)and then sent me home! i rang my doctor who has booked me in for a dating scan but i dont get to see my midwife until im nearly 12 weeks gone! aren't these first 12 weeks the most crucial?!? is this normal? i haven't really been told much, i.e. what not to eat, drink, do. who confirms which hospital i will be giving birth at and when does this happen? i have no idea what to expect and it seems that nobody can be bothered to give me any information! help xx Confused
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:26 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya and congrats. my 1st docs appoiment want very helpful neither. i wasnt sure of anything so i went to mothercare and bought a book. it was very helpful on what to eat what to do ect. but any questions this site as def been great. every little thing no matter how stupid or enbrassing. good luck xx
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:59 am 
Post subject: thanks
Thanks for that mylillamb. think im gonna go and get myself one of those books! lol. xx
sarah3081980
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:57 pm 
Post subject:
Did you sign up for a midwife? My clinic gave me some forms to sign, assigned me to a midwife and gave me a bounty pack which had a good book in it that gave me lots of initial information - i'd ask about it if i were you!! I think that was when i was about 8 weeks
Chloesmum08
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:10 am 
Post subject: Same experience
Hey, Im 38 weeks with my first and went through exactly what your going through. I found out that the reason the hospital doesnt provide care till after the 12 week mark is because of the risk of miscarrage and that any examinations and tests that they do other than date scanning can cause a miscarrage that can be blemed on the hospital so they just cover their arses by starting the care once the miscarrage risk rate drops. Hope that helps......
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the help ladies, feel a lil better now. I never signed up for a midwife-i never got any forms. I just went to my doctors and booked on through them( the midwife works from the doctors surgery). iv only got 3 weeks till my midwife appointment so im just gonna take it easy and wait. xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular