Totally confused.

tillie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:20 pm 
Post subject: Totally confused.
Hi me and my partner have been trying for a baby for over a year now but sadly nothing has happened. I am 40 so I know my time is running out. This month bought I bought an ovulation test kit. I used it Thursday eve and the 2 lines appeared which according to the leaflet meant that I had my LH surge and ovulation was due to take place in 12-36 hours. I done the test again Friday and got the same result which does make sense. What doesnt make sense to me is that on doing the test Saturday and Sunday I got the same reading!! If ovulation was due within the 12-36 hours from testing Thursday how can it say the same on the last 2 readings? Also I done it again today out of curiosity and it read to carry on testing as my LH surge hadnt happened yet!! Arrggg do these things really work.
Poppy99
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Sorry if this seems a silly question but where both lines of equal colour? With the Ov tests which I have done you do get two lines in the result window at any time of testing. LH is normally present but to indicate a surge the 'result' line has to be stronger in colour or as strong as the control line which also appears. I have been trying the Ov tests for a couple of months now but not had much luck as not detected a 'surge' yet although I do get a faint line but not as strong as the control line. Hope this can be of help, best of luck x
wannababy2
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject:
i have been using the opks for about 9mth now and once you get ure positive stop testing u will O in the time it says so when u get that positive get baby making and have fun.... Very Happy
tillie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Test line was darker which the instructions state means you will ovulate in 12-36 hours. The reason I carried on testing was was just to see if the test works, in my eyes it cant otherwise I wouldnt have had 4 readings the same and the next reading stating I need to carry on testing as I havent ovulated yet.
I rang the company that make them and they are sending me another kit but I have to say I havent much faith in this make now so I have ordered some of the NHS ones off the net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular