Supermarket's own nappies

LMK77
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:34 pm 
Post subject: Supermarket's own nappies
Hi there.

I read recently that a newborn can go through 12 nappies a day. This is my first pregnancy and it made me think of how expensive stocking up is going to be. I already have many packs of Pampers and Huggies ready for the little one's arrival but I noticed Asda'a own brand newborn nappies are 1.64 for 24 (same as Tesco, 1.99 for 24 at Boots).
Does anyone out there use supermarkets own nappies and would you say they are just as good as the other big brand nappies. Im just hoping to save an extra few pounds each week by getting some 'cheaper' ones.

xxx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:41 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya hun...i have loads ov pampers and huggies but also lots ov home brand ones aswell............i crnt see what much ov a diffrence they wll make...ill just change them a lil more often then what i wud the big brand xx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
don't buy too many before the birth - you never what size baby will be and how fast they grow out of them!! I bought hundreds of size 1's and ended up giving loads away cos he grew to size 2 v fast!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
hi i used to buy pampers or huggies wen my baby was born but as you say can get expnsive and its only just recenetley i got the tesco value nappies 1.48 for 20(a lot cheaper) and they work just fine now leaks no accidents with them. but my daughters 19 months now and dont have sensitive skin like a new born so i dont no wether they wud cause any problems for a new born.

Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:04 am 
Post subject:
i havent tried the cheaper nappies, alway buy pampers..worth a try tho... Smile
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
yep always worth a go if they work they work if not then they dont:)

sd77
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't tried supermarkets own brand but I don't like Pampers, my little girl always ends up wet when I use these, so I always get Huggies now.

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:03 am 
Post subject:
I have tried Tesco's super dry, used them for a couple of days, but they seemed thicker than Pampers and swelled a lot more when wet. I made sure I put plenty of Sudocrem on when I used them.

Not harm in trying them though, every baby is different. I would always use pampers at night, with the extra sleep layer. Definitely makes a difference to my son.

If you are buying pampers the boxes are much better value, Asda do them for about 10.00(and if you have vouchers, can be even cheaper). I think larger Tesco's do them as well for a similar price.

Good luck with it all. Smile
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:44 am 
Post subject:
I've just tried the Aldi ones and they are brill - easily as good as Pampers and half the price Very Happy
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
Tescos are good, very similar to pampers!! DO NOT BUY ASDAS own nappies!! They do not absorb any poo, and instead cause it to slide out the back of the nappy|!!

Find my other post on general chat on ASDAS Nappies lol
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
i always use sainsburys own brand about 7 quid for 70. i brought some pampers on special last week and whem my lil un woke up i noticed he had a club foot. the bleedi nappie had come right off. thankfully he didn,t do a poo! i thourght maybe i hadn,t put it on right but this happened again several times and they leak straight through and we change his bum pretty regular.
boots and superdrug own brand are very good as well. but as someone said b4 asdas aren,t the best.
own brand baby wipes are excellent value too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular