taking a 1 1/2 yr old on holiday

xAngelx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:01 am 
Post subject: taking a 1 1/2 yr old on holiday
Hi,

im taking our 1 1/2 yr old abroad for 2 weeks and just wondering how everyone has coped with it? im really looking forward to it but theres no babysitting service (altho not sure i would entirely trust them anyway) and were wondering how we'll manage in the evenings?

we have considered leaving her at home for 2 weeks and going alone, has anyone considered this? not sure how she'd cope! x
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:58 am 
Post subject:
You could try and manipulate her sleep a little - make sure she has longer mornings, an afternoon sleep and she may then stay awake longer in the evenings.

just a thought Smile
my2beautifulboys
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
hiya

my boy is 17 months and weve just come back from majorca for 2 weeks.

it was gorgeous! and oli is in such a strict routine normally, he sleeps 7-7 etc eats at certain times but i promised myself that for hol he can do things differently. because it was so hot 33ish he had a 1hour nap before lunch, an hour about tea time and was up with us until 10,11ish. with all the entertainment and other kids running about etc we thought itd be pointless trying to get him to sleep at 7pm. plus i wanted to totally relax on this hol and he adjusted brilliantly. we basically let him do what he wanted!!

he still woke up at 7am every morning and we started again. as soon as we got back he went to bed at 7pm that night and went through till 7am no prob and the next day was back to normal.

enjoy this holiday and dont worry about routine too much xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular