Maybe some good news at last!

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:13 pm 
Post subject: Maybe some good news at last!
I just checked on my PCTs policy regarding IVF funding, at the moment we fit all the criteria apart from my age, Im 29 and the age is 36-39. Well the age is coming down to 30-34 from 1st Dec, and Im going to be 30 in October!! Also it says immediate access to those with a recognised fertility problem, which we have.

I cant believe it, we were ready to pay out about 6000 for treatment in September and now we might get it free in Dec! This is the first bit of good news we've had about this all year. I've got my GP phoning me on Friday so I will ask her all about it and check its definately what I think it is.
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
excellent news!! its what i said on my IVF changes post. must keep an eye on the PCT. looks like we will be IVFing at the same time. do you know how many goes you get?

xx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, it was your post that prompted me to have another look, so thank you for that. We only get one free try, but hopefully that will be enough! They will freeze embryo's for 3 years too, so if we get some good enough for freezing we would be able to use them for another go.

Hopefully, I wont find out there's a really long waiting list or any other hidden info that excludes us again.
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:57 pm 
Post subject:
excellent news Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Our pct still not changed ther policy Sad

Jump to:  

Community

Popular