birth plan. when does the midwife usually talk about it

lory
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:41 pm 
Post subject: birth plan. when does the midwife usually talk about it
hi i am 30 weeks pregnant and i was just woundering when the midwife starts to discuss the the birthing plan . and does every one get an hospital tour xx
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:09 pm 
Post subject:
hello, i was wonderng this myself, im 32 weeks and my midwife hasnt even mentioned the birth plan or nefin else to be honest.
il ask her few questions n il just get one word answers so now i just tend not to bother and look everything up myself on the internet.

i thought it wud be about time too do birth plan now as nefin can apen reli and its always best to be prepared
xx

lory
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
hi ya can write ya birth plan ya self and you midwife disscusses it with you and signes it . but i dont know at which point she would ask to see your birth plan. xx
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
what sort of things do u write on ur birth plan? sori for all the questions, xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:06 am 
Post subject:
my midwife give me questionaire to fill out and asked me to write down additional points. and its just stuff like who ur birth partner is whos gonna be there wiv ya. if you want your baby passed to u straight away or cleaned up then passed to you.

if the doctors have to cut you then you have to give permission and things like that if you want water birth or wot pain relief your thinking of having.

cant remebr wen my midwife did this bu it was definetly after 30 weeks. ask your midwife at your next appointment.

funkyfriend
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Laughing Hi im 38 weeks pregnant today and my midwife has not even mentioned my birth plan, the only thing i know is that i have to request a birthing pool when i do go into labour as i have had bad back pain and cannot give birth on my back which i did with my other two children.

I never really thought of having my baby in a pool.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:19 am 
Post subject:
gosh that is ridiculous i had brilliant antental care wen i was pregnant realy does seem poor now.

if i was you i would right down a birth plan of things u want and dont want and put it in with your notes wen u go to the hospital or give it to ur midwife to look at at your next appointment.

xyummymummy2bx
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for that. i have my midwife wednesday so i think il mention it her then and just make sure she actually answers me properly!!XX

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
yep. gd luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular