ivf next so joining you pls

bikini
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:52 am 
Post subject: ivf next so joining you pls
hi ladies,

not many of you will know my journey as i dont post a lot but always read them.

we have been ttc for 20 months now with no bfp. ive had a lap and dye and im all ok. my oh sperms test is normal. very frustrating. we have charted, used ov strips, used preseed. been on pregnacare. my oh takes zinc to keep his swimmers strong. i get ewcm, we bd on all the right days and lots of other days. i plug up with loo roll afterwards with pillow under bum. you name it we have done it.

we have unexplained infertility.

i have been on clomid for 3 cycles and still no bfp. side effects - very flat really and felt ovaries swell and twinge when ov.

went back to clinic yesterday and we have been referred for ivf, in as little as 8 weeks. its a no brainer for me. we are going for it! bring on our bfp!!! plllllleeeeeeeeeesssseeeeee.

xx
KatieMaysMummyx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Aww hun. Welcome...

didn't wanna read and run - but I hope you get ur BFP soon xx
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Bikini,

Good luck hun! Fingers crossed for you. I found out first cycle has been much less stressful than i thought, lets hope you get a first time BFP Very Happy
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
Gailly
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am 
Post subject:
hi bikini

That's great news about being referred for IVF.

I've been trying for the same amount of time as you but my oh has normal sperm count but low motility and morphology. I've had one IUI cycle but i think this hasn't worked as got BFN this morning (due on Friday).

Did they refer you straight to IVF rather than IUI? Is it NHS? Roughly were in the country do you live?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just wondering whether I could go straight to IVF next time rather than another IUI as I'm feeling really down about it all now. My cousin had a little boy this morning and ive spent the whole day crying and feeling sorry for myself.

Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Ah Gailly big hugs - remember the fact that everyone else can do it is a good sign for all of us trying, means its not impossible. At least thats the possitive spin I'm trying to put on it Sad
Hi bikini - good luck when is your next appt? We've been told to try Clomid again but we go back on 17th Sept I believe to start the IVF process. We are on NHS but this is our only option due to my reproductive system being as much use as a chocolate teapot!

xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular