Can't have a baby

sharonkelly
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:09 pm 
Post subject: Can't have a baby
Hi everyone,

A few months ago I started posting on this site after my partner had a vasectomy reversal. It was a very exciting time, knowing that I could finally achieve my dream of being a Mum.
But, unfortunately, the operation wasn't a success. There's no trace of sperm in his sample at all. To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who's supported me on this site, it helped me get through a difficult time, but it appears that I'll have to sign off now, as there's no chance of me getting pregnant.

All the very best to you all, I hope it all works out for you

Sharon x x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Sharon I am so sorry for you - the same thing happened to my sister in law, they paid private to have a vasectomy reversal and like you it was not a success..they still desperately wanted a child so they told everybody including most family members that it had indeed worked and used donor sperm. They matched 'the donor' up to them with height, weight, hair colour etc and it was a success for them on the first attempt, for them it was a fantastic opportunity for 'hubby' to be involved and he truly feels like the childs father, name on the birth certificate as any natural father. I hope this story brings you a little comfort there are other options maybe this is not for you but thought I would share this as I have seen first hand happiness after heartache. My best wishes to you Flossie xx
sharonkelly
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there and thankyou for your story and kind words. We're not ruling anything out just yet, we know that there are other options open to us. Just have to pick ourselves up and try again! It's nice to know that there are other people out there who have weathered the storm and come out smiling, so thank you so much x x
Babynumber1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
Sharon I am new here to the site I have nt spoken to you before.... but I would like to let you know I am soooo sorry for you... I willl be thinking of you.
sharonkelly
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
hello and thank you so much, it means a lot .. it's kind of hard to talk to anyone you know, they don't understand, especially people who already have kids, I just tend to get an "ah well .. never mind". Not really what you want to hear. So thank you so very much x x x
Lorri17
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
Sharon, I don't know you as I am new on her too but just wanted to say how sorry I am for you. My DH has slow sperm and we have been TTC for two years without sucess so I kind of know how you are feeling. I am 37 this year so I feel time is running out for us.
Anyway just wanted to wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do and good luck for the future.
Tigger83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
Im really sorry hun. there isnt much that can be said to ease your hurt. I am sure you know that you have other options, although I also know that doesnt stop it hurting when your dreams have been broken.
Always have hope and "Never Never Never Give Up".
Tx
sharonkelly
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Thanks guys x
We're going to see the doctor tomorrow to talk over what other options we may have. Just have to keep our fingers crossed x x x
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
So sorry to hear your bad news, hope it goes well at the doctors xx
sharonkelly
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for you're replies, just thought I'd let you know how we got on at the doctors.

First of all, IVF isn't an option for us. It's bacause the sperm would need to be extracted directly from a sample from my partner, but there is no sperm there to extract. So, the doctor said we could consider a procedure called ICSI. It's much the same as IVF, except sperm is surgically taken from the testicles.

Our GP didn't have much more information than that really, apparently the procedure isn't done very often in our practice! So, we've been referred to a fertility clinic. We're going for a private consultation, but even that could take up to 3 weeks to get an appointment.

So, it's a waiting game again I'm afraid. But I'll let you know how I get on. Take care everyone x x
Trixxsie
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject: post subject
Hi Sharon

When my husband went for his reversal the Doctor went through our options and he suggested extracting the sperm during the reversal which could then have been used in the ICSI process do not remember much about it except that it was similar to IVF. Just wanted to wish you both good luck.

Trixxsie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular