Daytime blues

Balw1n
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:46 am 
Post subject: Daytime blues
Little Seth is 12 weeks old - since 7 weeks he sleeps no problems during the night. Problem is daytime sleeps - each day time nap is no longer than 40 mins. I have tried rewrapping, settling and allowing bubs to cry and he can not go back to sleep even though he appears to be still tired. Every web address gives tips for helping a child sleep through the night and that unfortunately doesn't help with my daytime blues.. People think I should be thankful that he sleeps through the night but I need to have time during the day to do things other than feed and play - anybody got similar problems or suggestions that can assist?
Ange1a
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
I have the same problem with my baby, he doesn't do the morning or lunch time nap well, however I may have found light at the end of the tunnel. For the lunchtime nap I am extending the amount of times I go into his room. I start off with waiting 20 minutes before checking on him and thenleaving it longer and longer after settling him. I don't pick him up, I just stroke his head and giove him a dummy to calm down. I have also been told that heis bedroom should be completely black out and that he should be securely tucked in to make him feel safe.
Hope that helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular