sleeping to much????

keraj91501
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:15 pm 
Post subject: sleeping to much????
Hello,

My daughter is 3 months old. It seems like she sleeps all the time. Is this still normal?
She will go to bed between 9-10 she sleeps 4-6 hours, feeds and then sleeps. Sometimes I can get her up with me at 6:15 to eat and stay up for about 30 min. then she sleeps till like 11 maybe with maybe a feed in between. Then she cat naps through out the rest of the day. Takes an hour nap at 6 or so. Then maybe a 20 min. nap between 7-9. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. She's a happy baby, hardly ever fusses. Any input?
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Unless she is to tired to feed and is very larthagic (spelling??!!) and sickly looking I wouldnt worry at all. Very Happy Enjoy the sleeping times while you still can................they dont last long!!!! Some babes sleep really well and then some of us are lucky enough to have those that think that sleeping is for adults only Shocked Shocked Shocked
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:48 am 
Post subject:
lol HUnter

yeah, as long as she seems well and happy when she is awake, you sound like you have a lovely situation Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:42 am 
Post subject:
My 11-day old is the same. She sleeps loads, which everyone says is fantastic, until i get told to wake her for feeds by the midwife. She is happy, alert in the few times that she is awake and is putting on the right amount of weight, so I am just going with what Poppy wants and figure if she sleeps well and is happy and healthy, I should just enkoy it while it lasts. I spent about 4 days worrying and trying to wake her up regularly, then stressiing when she wouldn't feed, and then just decided stuff it, I'm going with my instincts and what Poppy is telling me.

Enjoy the rest , and as long as your baby is healthy, relax, it has made me a lot happier than stressing.

LD
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:18 am 
Post subject:
My son is 8 months old and rite up till a month ago, he slept alot!
He goes 2 bed around 7.30 and sleeps thru till about 7am I then feed him his milk & give him his breakie then he usually goes bk 2 sleep for another hour. Has a sleep early afternoon too.

Enjoy it while it lasts, cos he's just getting to the stage where he will sleep all that time at night but wont nap in the day and im more tired than him lol

Jump to:  

Community

Popular