12 week scan

faerie44
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:07 pm 
Post subject: 12 week scan
Hey all, i had my 12 week scan yesterday and it was possibly the best experience of my life.I found out i was 12 weeks and 1 day.also that my due date is the 8th september, oh my god that seems ages away. My baby was moving around and streatching, i'm so so very relieved as i had convinced myself that something was wrong and i had somehow managed to kill it, but to see it there moving around and its little heart beating, i cant even begin to explain the feelings.But im sure there's lots of you out there who know what im talking about.i cant wait for my next scan now, and i have to wait till the 6th may for that, i'm going to find out what it is, boy?girl? i would like a boy, but i mind not really, its a baby and thats all that matters to me.i cant wait till i can feel it moving, i have bougt an angel doppler thing and am currently waiting for it to arrive, i cant wait till i can hear my babys heartbeat. i'm so excited, since i found out i was pregnant i alas am going to be a single mother as my babies dad who was very excited at the start has got himself a new girlfriend and no longer wants to know me or the baby, that really hurt me, but his family really still want to be involved so thats good, i think. oh deary well i have rambled on forever so i am off to go sleeps now,

nite nite

X
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
hello

I was exactly the same at my 12 week scan. I was actually 12 weeks and 4 days. I also kept thinking something was wrong and it was so reassuring to hear the baby's heartbeat and also to see the baby's heartbeat. My baby also did not stop moving around and waved and kicked his/her legs and even smiled. I still worry now as i do not seem to be getting a bump at the moment but guess i should be grateful as when i do get a bump i will probably be moaning about being too big!!

I also cant wait until my next scan which is 22 april and we are going to find out the sex of the baby if we can.
faerie44
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:33 am 
Post subject:
i think i will be just the same, longing for a bump but when i finally get one i will probably hate it, lol. i have my next scan at 22 weeks too, i cant wait to see if im having a little boy or girl. oh my god, im just so so excited all the iime, i cant seem to stop smiling, does that sound stupid? oh wow.

X
booter
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:04 am 
Post subject:
They always say that you can't tell the sex until the 20 week scan but when we were given the scan pics at the 12 wk scan it was clearly obvious to us that it was a boy. Then at the 20 week scan it was confirmed he is a boy. So have a good look on your scan pics and see if you can tell. I only have 27 days to go now Very Happy and very very very excited
faerie44
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:21 am 
Post subject:
27 days to go, wow, your so lucky, i think if i have to wait any longer i might explode, lol.have just worked mine out and i have 191 days to go, oh my god, i've had a look at my scan, and i cant see anything, which either means its a girl, or for me is just too early to tell.i just have this feeling its a boy, i can only think iof boys names, but maybe tht because that what i want it to be, i'm none too sure, only time will tell i guess,

X
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
I cant see what sex the baby is from my 12 week scan and I also think I am having a boy, just a feeling i have although i could always be wrong. Cant wait for my next scan...
booter
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
Oh well, it was worth a try. Well, you'll both know at your 20/22 week scans I guess. Like you both, I had a feeling it was going to be a boy, even before the 12 wk scan.

Don't worry faerie, the time will pass by very fast between now and about 30 weeks. Then, I'm afraid to say, it does really start to drag.

I had a 'false labor' 2 days ago as was getting braxton hicks every 5 minutes for just over an hour and then it just stopped, talk about frustrating!!

x
Marien
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:49 pm 
Post subject: 17 week "sexing" scan
Hi. I was looking online at 4d baby imaging and I found a place nearish to where I live that offers a "sexing" scan from 17 weeks, so on 29 March we're off to find out if Bump is blue or pink and I can't WAIT! You do have to pay though but apparently they're VERY accurate and scan for up to 30 minutes to see what baby is - just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is as desperate as me to find out what they're having Smile
gingin
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
hey girls, we had our 12 week scan yesterday too but in fact baby now measures the 13 week mark as i had thought - so due date now 25th august - we are going to investigate these 3d scans also apparently you go private but 2 of my friends say its the best money they have ever spent
our little monkey was very busy and wouldnt keep still for pictures - just like DAD - its probably a unique experience that only when you go through it does it all take on a very different meaning - i now talk to my tummy in the 3rd person a lot and so does J - when you arent showing much its easy to forget whats going on - saying that was sick this morning so someone was reminding me they didnt like the salmon last night - see spoilt monkey already and its not even born !!
now got to find my wedding dress - foung a perfect fit but the lady iin the shop reminded me that the seams wont stretch to 2 months of baby growth LOL now hunting all suppliers for dress in similar but 2 sizes bigger - how big will i be at 5 months ???
Lxjane
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
i was huge at five months! nearly every1 i new asked haven't i had it yet and how many more weeks have i got! but every1 is different! x
leithy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:46 pm 
Post subject: 12 weeks
Hi all i had ma scan last Thursday and it was amazing to see the baby as it now makes it feel so real i think you doubt until you see the little yin that there is actually something growing inside you ma bump is very noticable already i have been confirmed as only 12 weeks as of tomorrow the doctor said i should now be 14 weeks but they have obviously made a mistake as the scan is more accurate im really unhappy though as i dont get a 2nd scan unless they think there is something up the hospital where i am having the baby say they are to busy to give 2nd scans and this is really annoying for me is anyone else not gettin a 2nd scan i think if i want 1 i would have to go private and i dont think thats very fair i dont want to know the sex of the baby as its my first and id rather have the surprise at the birth i think its a boy but who knows you defo cant tell from the scan picture.
aimeebee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
I hate the fact you have to wait 12 weeks! I am only 7 and i am dying to know that everything is ok! I too have conveniced myself that something is wrong as i dont feel very pregnant!!
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:39 pm 
Post subject:
im 11 weeks and due for my scan on the 20th and cant wait!!!

cant wait for a bump, cant wait to see baby in the scan! cant wait to feel him/her move and cant wait to find out if bump is a him or her!!!!

pregnancy deffinately isnt for the impatient!!! lol!

i wanted it a ll yesturday! lol. think were all the same and get really panicky till the scans, im forever paranoid somethings wrong, but while i haven't been in pain or had any spotting ive no reason to worry!!!

good luck everyone, hang in there! by the time baby is born we'll be thinking @that was quick!!!
lol

kimbverley xo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular