BIRTHING POOLS

funkyfriend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:14 am 
Post subject: BIRTHING POOLS
Razz Hi all

How is everyone doing today.

This may sound odd, but i have to request a birthing pool when i go into labour as i have had very bad back pain.

Im 38 weeks pregnant today.

Has anyone had there baby in a birthing pool, i never thought of having my baby in water before, my other two children i delivered on my back, but im not allowed with this one.

Take care x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:43 am 
Post subject:
hi funky

I wanted a water birth, but cos of a ridiculously long labour i needed pethidin and then an epi, so had to come out - however, I did labour in the pool for quite a while, and its lovely. Really nice and warm, you can move around easily - I spent most of the time on all fours, sort of floating tummy down, holding onto the sides and bracing my feet for each contraction. Lovely.

my friend had her daughter at home in a pool, and she said it was fantastic - her baby was born in her sac as well, so just sort of floated out Very Happy definitely recommend it!!
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
i really wanted to use a birthing pool too but although my labour was quick i was too far gone and the cord was round my little ones neck so i couldn't but would still like to with the next one if i can. From what i hear my friend who had a bad back used a birthing pool and found the pain less and she felt more comfortable, as she has previously given birth normally. Good Luck!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular