2 month old has leg jerks Please Read

samlorriemma
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 pm 
Post subject: 2 month old has leg jerks Please Read
my 2 month old daughter just started having these leg jerks on saturday I called the dr and he saw her and said they were myclonic jerks (something by that name) but said he ws not concerned about it and they would go away.. they are very disturbing she brings her legs up quick and rapid sometimes 5 at a a time sometimes 1 time all day and night she seem fine when they happen shes happy and otherwise healthy I am scared that they are seizures and that the dr aren't doing anything she will get worse.. has anyone out there have this same thing.. its really just her lower body that jerks and as I said they are quick it last a second to 3 seconds for all 5 to happen and she just brings her legs up quickly like there is no control like a jolt..
Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Listen to what the doctors say, after all they've studied for years and know what they're on about. I'm sure it's not seizures as it is incredible unusual for the same action to be the result of a seizure. As long as she is otherwise happy and well there is nothing to worry about. If they're still occuring in a couple of months or you're really unhappy about it go back and get a second opinion.

Nikki77
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with stitch. If the dr was in anyway concerned more tests would hav been done. Enjoy ur time with ur baby and try not 2 worry x
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun, did your doc say what kind of myoclonic jerks they were? There are several kinds and I have info on each
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
see if you can capture it on camera,
you are still worried despite what Dr says so i think you need a second opinion
hope all is well
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for you PM, I have sent you a reply PM but having trouble sending, getting sorted and hopefully you will get it soon.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular