twinges

prawnette
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:54 pm 
Post subject: twinges
Hi,

I have jsut forund out i am 6 weeks pregnant. i keep getting little twinges. I am panicking like mad about it. is this normal?

Help

Jo
sozzle
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jo - i am 11.5weeks pregnant and i have had twinges all the way through so far. According to midwife these are completely normal. they are essentially growing pains as your body stretches and moves around to make space for your baby. congratulations by the way!
prawnette
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks so much, that a big relief.

congrats to you too.
x x
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hey congratulations on your pregnancy. Yeah i agree withs ozzle, they are probably just stretching pains, which are really common, so dont worry xx
tenderbaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:35 pm 
Post subject: 7 weeks pregnant
I am 7 weeks pregnant..I feel scaried and excited...I just recently started to get some pain on my right side...Is this normal..
Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
I'm at 24 weeks, and I can say that pain in the abdomen is quite common. I still get it from time to time. Your uterus is growing from the size of a pair to the size of a large watermelon! With it, your ligaments and ab muscles are being stretched and pushed and pulled. It's nothing to worry about.

If you get severe pain and bleeding, then call your doctor/midwife. If you are worried, call your midwife anyway, as they are there to answer any of your questions.

I remember when I was at about 9 weeks and I posted a question in this forum very similar to this. At 24 weeks, everything is fine with my pregnancy and the baby is even moving as I type this!
tenderbaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:00 am 
Post subject:
Thanks so much...I feel alot better. This is my first pregnancy...My body is going through many changes. Its funny because my husband has noticed that my breast have gotten bigger..My shirts are all pretty much fitted...He is like, time to go shopping for clothes..LOL...Anyways, thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular