Juice/water

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:15 pm 
Post subject: Juice/water
Hi all, my little girl is 14 weeks old, should I be offering her water/juice??

She has formula (was breastfed until 12 weeks), about 5 feeds a day, including one at about 2am. Do you think it would be advisable to offer water or juice at this point, incase she is just thirsty or just wants comfort? Should i be giving her a drink of water during the day??
Jade10
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Very Happy

Bottle-fed babies do need a drink of water. My health advisor told me to offer water in between feeds, especially during hot weather and to give it in small quantities so that the water does not replace a milk feed. In babies who are younger than six months old, boil the water first and allow it to cool before offering it to your baby.

Hope this helps

Jadex Very Happy
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:43 am 
Post subject:
Really avoid juice if you can at the mo, cooled boiled water is a great alternative. Wait till you hear the burps from it!!! Very Happy
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls, i'll give it a try today! xx
chealsea
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
Other food other than formula or breast milk should be introduced around the 4th month. Pureed food are given in small portions at intervals as well. Water is good for the baby for hydration and juices as well. Very Happy

nanny cams
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun, she just wont take to water at all!! I have tried her with banana cereal and it gave her tummy ache, and made her very grizzly!! i'm going to wait before giving her anythin else, she seems quite satisfied with formula xx
laurs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, am new to this site but just read about juices/water, my little one is 5 months and two weeks old, i am still breastfeeding but he has formula milk at noght as he was eating every hour from me and not getting enough, i regularly try giving him water (previously boiled) but he just spits it back out at me, the health visitor suggested trying juice but he wasn't too keen on that, it had to be slightly warm and even then he only had about two swallows and then spat that at me. lol
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Laurs, my girl does the same, she pulls the funniest face as if its the WORST thing she has ever tasted in her life!!!!! It cracks me up laughing. As i said, she is settled on formula, and is weeing and pooing often so she must be getting what she needs. I'll try her maybe every week to see if she'll take it, as i would like to give her a cup with handles to try (she is holding the bottle when feeding now, i just literally hold the bottom and she has her two hands on the side, unless she's really tired and she cant be bothered!!)
laurs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
it can be quite amusing the little face he pulls, i am trying every week and like you he is weeing and pooing enough (although has been constipated a few times and given him pure orange juice in water, one tea spoon to 4oz of water) that was the only time he drank it but not for long lol. He is holding his own bottle too and have tried to get one with handles, the only one i could find was a pink one from mothercare which my other half wasn't too pleased about. I found one in boots today which was blue but it is too long and he hasn't the strength to lift the bottem off the bottle up himslef yet either lol.
J97
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya - quite new to this !!
Ive tried & tried to offer my baby Samuel water between fees but he just wont take a drop which I worry about with the "occasional" hot weather & im worried about offering juice incase he starts liking it too much - does that sound daft!!??
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
not at all, my health visitor suggested juice to me, he just doesn't like it lol
J97
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:16 pm 
Post subject:
Laurs - have you tried anything else or are you still persisting on the juice/water???
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular