Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:15 am
Post subject: Some useful tips for new mommies
Here are some useful tips for first time mommies to infants
1. A safe crib will have slats no more than 2 3/8 inches apart and corner posts less than 5/8 inch high above the rails.
2. Make sure your baby should sleep on a firm mattress that fits tightly in the crib, cradle or bassinet.
3. Do not put pillows, comforters or other soft padded materials in the bed under your baby.
4. Put your baby to sleep on their backs or sides.
5. Keep the sides of crib raised when baby is sleeping in it.
6. Try to keep sleeping infants away from pets, other children and large overstuffed toys.
7. Donít let people smoke around your baby. Your babyís lungs are delicate. Babies are not as resistant to respiratory infections as their parents.
That's it! Hope these tips are useful to new mommies like me!