holiday in 3 weeks adnd just found out pregnant!!!

mojo1167
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 am 
Post subject: holiday in 3 weeks adnd just found out pregnant!!!
Confused
hi everyone!!! just thought i would ask anyones experience of travelling when pregnant??? im off on holiday i 3 weeks and just found out im pregnant (im approx 5 weeks now i think?). ive read up a bit on the internet but some sites are quite conflicting and am quite worried about it. it would be great if anyone vcould give me their point of view or any experiences they have had. thanx in advance, joanne x
DebLG
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:55 am 
Post subject: Holidays
I am 12.5 weeks and due to go on holiday in 3.5 weeks. I booked my holiday before I found out I was pregnant. I spoke to my consultant and he sees no problem with me travelling for 4 hours on a plane. He actually said it was good to go an relax.

He will be scanning me 3 days before I leave to make me feel more comfortable. He said if he had any concerns he would let me know at the scan if I could go. The only reason he said he would stop me from going would be because the scan showed something bad.

Talk to your consultant or midwife this will probably make you feel better.

Hope it helps.
Debs
lemfloyd
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
I found out I was pregnant 3 days before due to go on holiday. Was good to get away and relax and take it all in!
Just be careful with the foods you eat as you are now more susceptible to stomach bugs.
I had no issues with being on holiday!
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
I flew at 11 weeks to Ireland, and on holiday to Gran Canaria when I was 14 weeks. Both times I just made sure I drank a lot of water and had a walk around the plane. With the second I did feel a bit of pressure in my tummy but everything was fine. As your doctor said, it will do you good to go away and relax for a while.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
they say first and second trimester is better and they generally say before 28 weeks so think u will be fine but if ur unsure speak to ur doctor.

becnichs
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hia,
Where are you off to? I travelled at an early stage of both my pregnancies. No2 was only Europe, but No1 was to Goa, so I have to take lots of pills to make sure I didn't get any horrible infections. I was really worried about putting strange pills into my body when carrying a baby, but the doc said the risk of taking them out-weighed the risk of catching anthing, so I just took their advice.
Obviously drink bottled water, avoid ice in drinks and avoid melons, which appariently are often pumped with water to make them fatter and juicier.
Enjoy your hols. It's a shame you can't have a few glasses of vino to get you in the holiday spirit! Crying or Very sad
Hope this helps.
Bec

JOandCONNIE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not long back from holiday, I was about 10/11 weeks when I went. Flight itself was absolutely fine - but I just couldn't cope with the morning sickness and the heat.

Days went by when I could barely leave the appartment. I was throwing up constantly. Ended up crying, just wanted to go home Sad .

People started asking my fella if he was there alone, cos they hadn't set eyes on me the whole time I was there lol.

All I can say is be sensible, obviously with water etc and on the plane. Mine was just one horrible experience, and was more to do with morning sickness than actually being away.

I'm sure you'll be fine, and have a fab time!

Love jo x

slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
I had a 4 1/2 hour flight when i was nearly 28 weeks and although the cabin crew looked terrified i was fine.

I agree with Joey that the heat was def the worst thing for me and i was fortunate to be past my morning sickness stage.

Make sure you use a good mozzie repellant 'cos you can't take any tablets. I would def recommend Mosquito Milk (think it's made by Bioconcept), i've been using it for years and never been bitten.

Have a great time Joanne.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular