does anyone know how Metformin works?

jotaylor11
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:33 pm 
Post subject: does anyone know how Metformin works?
hi can anyone tell if there are any side affects which people have had to Metformin?
i'm hopefully going to start taking it next week to help bring my periods on and hopefully get pregnant. i am being tested for my thyriod levels too, would i still be given the same thing. thanks jo xxx
erj74
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi jo,
i replied to your other message about metformin. It does have side effects but for me it was worth it. It made me feel really sick for pretty much 2 months - its kind of like morning sickness so i was a little more prepared when that arrived!! With metformin, i was actually sick - sorry to be graphic - on quite a few mornings but they assured me at the hospital that this was ok and it can take a little while for your body to get used to it. They normally start you on one tablet a day and build you up slowly to help the body cope better. I did also find soemtimes that my blood sugar would drop quite quickly and i'd need to eat soemthing immediatly but they stoppped quite soon and again i was told it was normal.
best of luck
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular