Wanting a baby but sceard of the outcome?

Cleggers09
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:40 pm 
Post subject: Wanting a baby but sceard of the outcome?
I'm 19 almost 20 =) i've seen 4 of my friends have children and they're so happy and i'm godmother to one of them he's a beautiful boy called Caden and i treat him like my own.
My fiance and me want a child as he's 23 this year, i want a baby alot but i'm sceard we won't be able to rent privatly and survive with a few things like sky tv and the net.
I earn 1400 a month and so dose my fiance as we both work in QA and thats after tax.
I'm confused and i don't know what to do Sad
stephanietoni
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
have serious chats hun, but tbh i think youd be fine- i manage on a hell of a lot less than that and my son is never without and i also have the net and sky and i rent privatley, sometimes you worry you wont have enough money but tbh you never do before or after
im sure when it happens it'll change you Very Happy

AmyandLewis
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
financially im sure u will be able to manage fine.

you can rent 2 bedroom houses for as little as 500 a month!

good luck i hope all works out for u x x x
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
decsisons totally urs.

i started trying for a baby at 17 and had my baby at 18. im now 21 and my daughters just turned 2.

i wudnt change a thing but things r hard finances, realtionships, life everything is hard. but the rewards are great too.

we went from earning 22,000 wen we were both ful time to 17,000 once i had my daughter and we now earn 21,000 and i onyl work part time so were not that much worse off.

toria12345
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
me and OH come home with less than you and were managing to pay a mortgage. dont get me wrong its hard and is a squeeze, but you can never afford to have a baby!

JayneRiley
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
hi im sure u will manage me and oh r on low wages im on 150 a wk and oh is on 180 a wk and we private rent (although r rent is quite cheap cause only in a 1 bed flat but trying to get a council house) so were on quite a bit less than u and we manage we also have sky and internet u find ur priority's change when u have a baby i used to buy 4 myself all the time now im not even bothered would rather buy 4 my son (i do still buy 4 myself but not much) some1 said to me if u think about money all time (whether u can afford it) u'll never have a baby u've got to just do it if u feel ur ready, so thats why i did it i felt i was ready and now i have a lovely 3month old son
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
I was really scared about our future when i found out i was pregnant. Im 19 and my dh is 26 and i had to take early maternity leave due to health reasons. We get about 1,100 a month with both our wages, and we manage to privately rent. We have just applied for housing benefit and hoping to get some money towards the rent. We are managing better than i what i thought we would, Ruby has everything she needs and i would never let her go without. At times it is hard for us, id love to be able to spoil her and get her loads of toys ect but in reality for us it isnt needed. we all love each other and thats something money cant buy Smile What ever you decide make sure its right for both of you xx

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun.I say go for it,if you think you are ready.I was like you,had loads of family that had babies and I so badly wanted my own and now I have!I was 19 when we started trying but I wanted a baby way before that.

My OH and I don't have a lot at all but we manage and my little boy never goes without,he never will.Like someone else said,I quite happily go without stuff for my boy but not because I have to,because I want to and you'll learn that too.

We rent privately and our rent is ridiculous so we're hoping to get a council place for the time being,until we can find something a bit cheaper.we had to take the place we are in,as we couldn't find anything else in time for our baby being born and I needed to be nearer to my family.

Don't get me wrong,it is hard but it's also so much fun and so rewarding and I couldn't imagine being without my son,I just wish I'd done it sooner cos I waited until I thought was a better time,but in reality,there will NEVER be a perfect time,there will always be some reason for you not to do it,so I say,if you're ready,then go for it.some people leave it until they think it's a good time and then really struggle,while you are young,so you've got plenty of time xxxx

StephanieeB
Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:00 am 
Post subject:
There's so much help out there that I wouldn't worry about money. My partner and I are on low income, we bring home about 20000 a year between us (which will be less soon with going on Maternity leave and then only returning to work for 3 days), him earning more than me as i'm on an apprentice wage as my employer cant afford to give any pay rises due to the economic climate. We are looking at housing associations and our local council etc and have spoken to the midwife about benefits we may be entitled too. With family & friends helping with clothes etc when the baby is born you will only really need to concentrate on food nappies etc and things for you and your OH. It really paniced me at first but I was soon reassured by the help out there. Dont let money get in the way of trying, as other people have said, you will never really be able to afford a baby! lol Things will come together and if it means giving up sky tv for a while i'm sure other people will agree it's well worth it.

Good luck & keep us informed of your decision Very Happy xx
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
toria12345 wrote:
me and OH come home with less than you and were managing to pay a mortgage. dont get me wrong its hard and is a squeeze, but you can never afford to have a baby!

I totally agree with you there. You will never be ready to have a baby. Just do what you are comfortable wiht
Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
hi
id think raelly carefully about it 1st. i am 20 and my fiance is 24 and we both really wanted a baby, and eventhough i am a student and he is on low income we thought it would be alright. well 8 1/2 months later and i am 1,500 overdrawn with no savings and not much in for the baby who is due soon. i amnot intitled to income support coz still classed as a student so they wont help me, i am not entitled to job seekers as too hevily pregnant and obv i cant get a job. we might be evicted from our house. we are relying on his small income (less than 200 a month!) to pay for EVERYTHING!
dont get me wrong, i am glad i am pregnant and love my little baby, but do i wish i had waited just a few more months? yes i do. and its hard to stay positive when there is so much to worry about.
so first take a realistic look at your finances, and phone up all the benefits to see what you are entitled to - you might think you dont need them but you never know what will happen, i thought i would be ok staying at uni but i had to take a break and now have no money.
if you are sure you will be ok then id say go for it. coz, despite everything, i cant wait to be a mother soon and love my baby soooo much - money cant buy you love! lol. Smile
JoJe
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:55 pm 
Post subject: .
Your not the only one.im 17 and i want a baby to but im scared of the outcome aswel. it depends if youve got support from your family. and your boyfriend/husband. as long as you got that and a good job where u think ur gettin enough money then i suggest you go for it. good luck babe. xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular