cramps - normal?

Anessa1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:15 am 
Post subject: cramps - normal?
Hi there, I'm new here - i'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby, so i'm new to everything. I'm not getting any morning sickness or anything, but now and then i get slight cramps, like what i usually get before my period. Is this normal? Also, if i walk for about 10 minutes i get back pains and a stich in my side which doesn't normally happen. can somebody tell me if this is normal? I'm so scared something is wrong
elsiemum
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. The stitch in the side sounds very familiar! The others sound normal too, although not in my own experience. Good luck.
camille
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
Im 8 weeks pregnant and i too was worried about cramp pains i was getting. Apparently its your uterus expanding. This is my first so i was really worried too but hope this bit advice helps.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:22 am 
Post subject:
exactly the same for me - also my first and I had regular cramping and stitches in the first 11 weeks.

My midwife said i only need to worry if the pain is accompanied by bleeding - so if you're not bleeding you should be fine. Aparrently its your ligaments relaxing ready to help your uterus expand, and on a first pregnancy it can be quite painful as your body has never done it before!

don't worry - it will stop soon (just in time for massive headaches and much worse back pain in my experience - but such are the joys of pregnancy Laughing )
maybebaby
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:23 am 
Post subject:
god i feel like crying, was really worried as i was getting the same pains, thank god its normal! also my first and have only just found out, so tensions are running high. i'm so glad there's somewhere we can all turn to for help and advice, has put my mind at ease now, thankyou Smile
thenuttytart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
My first pregnancy was pretty similar to that. I was not ill until I got into the 2nd trimester but had terrible cramps. They were so bad that on a couple of occasions I collapsed when I was out walking. I kept having checks to make sure all was well and it was fine. If you get bleeding then go and see your GP as soon as possible, but it is common to have cramps. I was told it was because I had a distended uterus and the pains were simply growing pains and stretching inside to accumulate the growing baby. The pains eased off into the 2nd trimester and then the nausea hit me.

This time I have had very little in the way of cramps but I have felt sick from week 3. It has got worse and worse and now I am just heading into my 6th week, I feel dreadful. Much worse than my last pregnancy. I still get cramps but they are not as bad but I think my body has been pre-stretched.

All the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular