first time terrified and need reassurance

startinmyfamily
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:55 pm 
Post subject: first time terrified and need reassurance
hi all.
i am five weeks pregnant and i am really scared that something bad is going to happen i know its silly but i cant help it.
i have been to the docs twice this week one because of a UTI and the other because of some bacterial infection in my bowel and to top it off i have a horrible cold.
moan moan moan.
my due date is the 12 nov 08 and i want it to go quickly i am sick already.
funny thing is when i'm sick i dont feel it coming it just happens i was eatin a chinese take away and vomited on my plate ha ha ha ha fiancees face was a picture
is anyone going through this or similar please dont think i am weird
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:00 pm 
Post subject: hi hun
lol yes its normal this is my 3rd pregnancy 31 weeks now but i was the same always thinking something was going to go wrong just enjoy it i was lucky didnt have eney sickness with eney of them yehh good luck lisa xx
lilmissus125
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:01 pm 
Post subject: know how you feel
Hi startinmyfamily, congratulations I know exactly how your feeling because i'm feeling the same and so are many other people! its hard to switch off and stop worrying but as the weeks go by i'm sure it will get easier i'm almost 7 weeks and ended up in a+e this morning with horrendous pains,turns out i've got a pretty nasty uti, as well as having tonsilitus, so not feeling to great either i'm just so relieved it was nothing baby related. I find counting the weeks as milestones helps my first milestone was 6 weeks and now its 8 weeks and i focus on getting to that point, instead of thinking about reaching 12 weeks, in some weird way it makes me feel better! anyway enjoy the rest of your pregnancy take care hope you feel better soon
poorly sam
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, your feelings are perfectly normal!! I had cystitis when i was first pregnant, only i didnt know i was pregnant at the time, it was very early. You'll feel ill anyway with your pregnancy, so anything else is just 100 times worse than normal!

Its normal to feel worried, and unfortunately, that worry wont go away through your whole pregnancy. You will feel different after your first scan and you see your little one on the screen, that is so reassuring, and you can (hopefully) relax a little!!

The sickness is horrendous, i had the same thing as you, and was sick until 5 months! I hope yours doesnt last so long. I used to be sick at the slightest thing, a smell, or sometimes, like you, without any warning! I was sick without fail every single morning for the first 3 months, and had lost nearly a stone when i went for my first scan!

My baby is due on wednesday, so now im spending every day worrying whether my labour has started - i think its our way of getting ourselves ready for a lifetime of worry for our babies!

Congratulations, and remember to look after yourself, get plenty of rest, and if your sickness does continue, diet coke used to help me in the mornings, and i used to pick at crackers and biscuits all day rather than trying to eat a full meal

Good luck! xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:18 pm 
Post subject: wow
2 days to go i cant wait till its me lol this is my 3rd and its went realy quick so far 9 weeks left so i bet it drags now do u no what ur having xxlisa
startinmyfamily
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
thanks guys you are all helping me i feel suoer sick just now so i think i'll go for some fruit juice any other tips to help me with this anxiety and help the time go past
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi lisa, no dont know what i'm having, we wanted a surprise! I'm getting really impatient now, and keep having pains for a couple of hours, an then they go away!!

It will fly by, i finished work nearly 6 weeks ago, and its flown by, i thought it would drag, but its amazing how quickly a day reading books and watching tv can go!! xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
good luck dont forget to let us no what you have what kind of birth you going for xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
I hope as quick and as pain free as possible LOL!! I'm having it at hospital, and have just said i dont want an epidural, as dont want to be restrained to the bed, and my mum had one with my brother and said it was horrible not being able to feel anything, but i guess everyone is different!! x
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
i had one with my second and it was great im having one again this time nothing else was good enoph lol i always said i would never have one but it was the best thing i done i was up and about 2 hours later xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thats why i dont want to make definite plans, cos I just dont know how I will feel at the time! Especially when the pain kicks in. PLus, my mums was like 20 years ago, so i'm sure things have changed since then! xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
yeh the only thing i found it took a bit longer to have the baby as i coudnt feel the cont when they wher telling me to push i just wanted to go to sleep so it works lol i got started of with both my other 2 so i was in labour a long time i ended up having vontuse with him too and alot of peaple ive talked to have had the same with a epp but thats not to say u would xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular