sterilisation reversal

ukbirdie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:41 am 
Post subject: sterilisation reversal
hi ladies i am 38 years old with 4 children ages 22,21,20 and 14 i was sterilised approx 10 years ago using the clip method,i recently remarried and we decided to go for a reversal,so i went to my gp for a fhs test and it came bk 8.0,so then i booked in with a consultant for a pre op appointment which cost 150 pounds,he told me that the only thing stopping me was my age as i am 39 in july and my husband is 38 in november.i had my reversal op on saturday 23rd may,the consultant told me that he will try and do it by laproscopic but if he cannot do it that way then he would have to cut me,luckily he could do it by laproscopic.i have 2 small cuts in the lower tumy area and a small hole in my belly button,i had stitches on the inside and was glued on the outside,the op took a hour and half and i was out the same day,the hospital staff were really nice and helpful and the hospital cleaness was a 5 star.the op cost 2,500 and was done by a top consultant.i wasnt in much pain at all and getting better each day.ive read posts that my first period will be painful and heavy anyone advise me,the consultant told us to try and conceive straight away as soon as i feel ready .is there any successful stories out there espeacially similar age that will boost me up a liitle.oh forgot to say my hubby as a 11 year old daughter from previous marriage so no problems with sperm count,ive already brought some ovalation tests but ive read posts that my periods might be irregular the first couple of time,any advice ladies please Very Happy
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:51 am 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome to ASKBABY i had my reversal done in Augest 08 no BFP yet

pop acros to thegetting pregnent after sterilisation revesal thread loads of us on there
Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
I wish you all the luck in the world in ttc, i am 36 and am still saving for my reversal op £1000 to go so hopefully i will be ttc soon
NyandAnil
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
hi ukbirdie,
i am 36 and had clips removed on 7th may, went to docs on 30th to see if i was ovulating but didnt look like i was - he has given me clomid to help, i usually know i ov cus i get the pain, says it could be due to the surgery. AF came as norm last month and was heavy and im due again tom. My op cost £3100, done in northampton. I have 2 girls, 17 and 12 - are we mad starting again Rolling Eyes Just realised, you were young with your first ! Fingers crossed for us both - oh, had a full cut with mine, got a 6inch scar (looks like a c section). We have not told anyone i have had the op, gonna wait till i get a BFP.
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:13 am 
Post subject: reversal sterilisation
Hi, I am 39 with three children, aged 20, 14 and 6, big age gaps, but I love it, had my op on the 22 June just 13 days ago, had the open surgey like a c section, just a bit sore still, made my first walk to school this morning, (now I know why they say little walks). Cant wait to start trying myself, Consultant said try as soon as we can incase scar tissue heals over, not much chance yet though. Good luck ttc xxx
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:40 am 
Post subject:
hi ukbirdie Very Happy
i had my op last april and got pregnant in jan 09 Very Happy
i am 38, 39 in october and my DH is 45 Very Happy
dont worry about your age hun Very Happy my tubes were cut and burnt and its worked Very Happy
good luck xxxxxx hope you get your BFP soon Very Happy

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
loznyarnie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:59 pm 
Post subject: sterilisation reversal
Sad hi all read what people have said i am 43 years old i was married for 23 years my ex made me have a sterilisation done other wise he would leave me so like an idiot i did he left any way, i have 3 grown up children 2 boys 23 18 and a girl 17 i know i am very lucky as i have 3 but when you find some one you fall madly in love with, who has no children and is only 25 and would love children with me i always wanted a big family i have had all my test i get my results on the 27th this month i know my age is older but whos says what is the perfect age to have a baby? i think my tubes were cut burnt and clipped so not looking good plus my age my op is going to cost me£3,700 if i can have it done i pray with all my heart every one who wants a baby has a miricle from god bless you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular