Whats it really like?

KatieMaysMummyx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 pm 
Post subject: Whats it really like?
What's it really like to be a single mom?!
How do you manage?!

I'm thinking of leaving my oh, well I'm almost 99% sure that I am going to leave him, our house and everything in it is mine, just his clothes and odd possesions that are his so I know i will be ok with somewhere to live, except for the settess which are his, but I can easily give him the money for them or let him take them and I can get some new ones's.

I want to know what it's really like though to be on your own with a baby... My mom did it and she says she will help me in every way possible, I just don't want to be on my own every day and every night....

How do you cope? Do you get to go out at all!?

ANy advise would be appreciated.. xxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
Im not going to lie, its hard work and some times I get lonely.
But I make sure I go out every day even if just for a walk. I go to a few baby groups and activities like library and swimming. If your mum is there to help then that is good news, my mum is a bit useless but I have a good friend and sister who baby sit for me. I get to go out at the weekend when I want to, you still need a life away from baby as well.
Just dont sit at home all day every day, get out and meet people otherwise you will go stir crazy, believe me I know!!!

At the end of the day you just do it, you cope you know, you adapt and make things work for you and your baby. I have such a strong bond with Freya cos Im the one she sees first thing in the morning and last thing at night. It feels good knowing that I can cope and do this on my own, that I dont need some one else to help me, Im a very independent person any way!

So yes it is scary the thought of having to bring up a baby all on your own but you soon realise that your not so alone as you first think. People will be there for you to help and support you, plus you all ways have us lovely ladies!!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular