advice

agy09
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:51 pm 
Post subject: advice
i'm a single parent; have a lovely 2yrs old daughter and also 31 weeks pregnant with my second child. i dont live with the father of the baby and i support myself financially (no child maintenance from the father of my first baby; he's not on birth certificate and i dont know anything about him). i separeted from the father of my baby due; but he's happy to be put on the birth certificate;
i have some legal paper-work to complete; and i'm not sure what to answer at one question: IF THE FATHER WILL BE ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE; AT THE QUESTION IF I'M SINGLE PARENT OR NOT WHAT DO I ANSWER REGARDING THAT I DONT LEAVE WITH HIM (maybe this will change in the future); i'm often asked this question and i dont know the answer. midwife said as long i'm not married or living with partner, i should declar myself single parent; but i'm not sure or where to get advice. anyone was in similar situation or can advice me? thank you
sophie2008
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Just because the father is on the birth cert, that doesnt mean you are together, so you can say you are single. Because a woman wants the father to have a legal obligation to the child, and for the child to know who her faer is, doesnt maen you are in a relationship and that you live together. I think whatever form you are filling in will have to respect that in this day and age. It is common for perople to have a kid and be seperated or single.

Hope that helps. Otherise call CAB- Thay may know about the leaglities of it...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular