Post new topic Reply to topic
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 13
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:51 pm 
Post subject: advice
i'm a single parent; have a lovely 2yrs old daughter and also 31 weeks pregnant with my second child. i dont live with the father of the baby and i support myself financially (no child maintenance from the father of my first baby; he's not on birth certificate and i dont know anything about him). i separeted from the father of my baby due; but he's happy to be put on the birth certificate;
i have some legal paper-work to complete; and i'm not sure what to answer at one question: IF THE FATHER WILL BE ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE; AT THE QUESTION IF I'M SINGLE PARENT OR NOT WHAT DO I ANSWER REGARDING THAT I DONT LEAVE WITH HIM (maybe this will change in the future); i'm often asked this question and i dont know the answer. midwife said as long i'm not married or living with partner, i should declar myself single parent; but i'm not sure or where to get advice. anyone was in similar situation or can advice me? thank you
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 2895
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Just because the father is on the birth cert, that doesnt mean you are together, so you can say you are single. Because a woman wants the father to have a legal obligation to the child, and for the child to know who her faer is, doesnt maen you are in a relationship and that you live together. I think whatever form you are filling in will have to respect that in this day and age. It is common for perople to have a kid and be seperated or single.

Hope that helps. Otherise call CAB- Thay may know about the leaglities of it...
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Single Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: