swallowed my bar

xyummymummy2bx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 pm 
Post subject: swallowed my bar
i dont know if this a stupid question but i have to ask because u can never be too careful.

i have my tounge pierced twice and i dont no for sure but i think i have swallowed one of bars , i didnt feel it but jut noticed i have one less bar in my mouth lol.
now im worried this can harm the baby if i have, does any one know if it alright or not.

thanks ladies xx

NatalieNFang
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
:O oooffttt :O

if you have .. you okay?

just asked my mum whos a nurse if it will harm baby or not and she says it shouldnt n pass through quickly she recons you should be okay but if any probs speak to doctor/midwife you know
x
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
yh im okay, its fustrating cuz i think i have, it feels like i have but i cant be sure,haha. i sound so stupid dont i. i just cant help but worry. thanks for the quick reply, feel bit better about it now. xxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
he he it won't hurt your baby!!! might hurt your botty on the way out tho Shocked Shocked (only joking!) i was just asking mr archie the other day if i should take my tongue bar out now since i'm meant to be all responsible now......decided to keep it in cos no one really notices i have it and i like it as a comfort thing xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:49 am 
Post subject:
I miss having my tongue done Sad I took it out when I was 12wks, thought I better look more like a mother my age insted of trying to look younger LOL. Must have had a weak moment though because I sure wouldnt take it out now!!! I lost heaps of bars and balls down into my tum Very Happy and everything still working ok Laughing i think!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:03 am 
Post subject:
lol.. i was just thinking of a time when me and OH had gone out for a meal once and whilst i was munching away... the ball came off on my tounge bar... so i'm sat there trying to get the ball out of my mouth without emptying all the chewed up food all over the table.. anyway, managed to spit it out in2 my hand... my other half was like "what the f**k"..he thought it was out of the food!!!... no sooner had he grabed it out of my hand and he was up complaining to the staff... i couldn't get a word out as mouth was still full of food... soooo funny!
Our friends, who were with us cottoned on straight away... but were just in hysterics.
OH wasn't too impressed... as we were all sat there laughing... lets just say he was a tad embarressed after appolagising to the staff. hehe!!

I'd be lost without my tounge piercing... i've had it for 10yrs or so... when i take it out i feel like i can't talk properly. Not alot of people realize i've got it...Laughing
I think it should be ok, swollowing a ball/barbell.. usually just passes through ya system in a few days...
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:24 pm 
Post subject:
haha, loved that last story.

thanks for replys ladies, woke up this morning and felt fine, felt me little man move few times so im trying not to worry about it. think i shall live hehe. xxx

Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
hope u dont mind me askin ladies but how the heck do u eat wiv sumvin in ya tongue(or do u take it out b4 feeding)lol..think i would panic incase i choked to death Laughing Laughing Also dont it make your speech sound weird??? perhaps am old fashioned...does it hurt to hav done, i know if i bite my tongue its bloomin painful, so im guessin its painful to hav done.... Laughing .
From an older mum x
xyummymummy2bx
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
lol... i just manage, to be honest i forget i even have my tounge pierced most of the time ,i dont even feel it anymore lol.hence not even noticing i had swallowed it.haha
nah i didnt think it hurt at all after i got it done, bout 10 mins after getting it done i went to mc d's and had a big mac meal and it didnt bother me at all,and i even went bk yr later and got another one, but everyone is dif wen it comes to piercings and tattoos and pain.

xxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
I speak better with mines actually as i have a lisp without it in!!! (i had an op when i was 13 on my tongue tho cos i was medically "tongue tied" so the bar helps somehow?!!)

Food doesn't get stuck in it either and i have had no problems with my tooth enamel but have heard people complain about that side from the metal clicking against their teeth. I would have a dent in my tongue if i took it out which would look quite funny!!! Laughing

I've had mines done now for 8 years and it was a stupid bet thing i used to do with an old flatmate when we were young and stupid at uni. We used to write bodyparts on scraps of paper then put them in a sock.....then we'd play drinking games, get drunk and pick out bits of paper that we had to either tattoo or pierce. That time she drew out belly button and I got tongue......we stopped playing the game when I got a really personal one and got as far as them about to pierce it and then chickened out!!!! Laughing Laughing Managed to get 2 tattoos, a tongue piercing, nose piercing and 4 piercings in each ear out of that stupid game!!!! I still love my tattoos and tongue piercing but took the rest out a few years ago Very Happy
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
lol lol...thanx for replys girls..... think i'll stick wiv my ears and tattoos!!!! Laughing
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
mum of three your kids are spaced out roughly 10 yrs each, am i reading that right? xxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
yeah yr rite roughly 9 n half yrs between..wasnt really deliberate just worked out like that lol wont be ne more in another 9 n half tho lol

Last edited by Linzxx on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
That's pretty cool!!! You get an near adult, a near teen and a little toddler too!!!! xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
yeah... one wants me all the time...one wants me sometimes.....n the other well he doesnt really want me at all Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular