cone head

cindylou
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:53 am 
Post subject: cone head
baby was born with cone to the right of head. Dr. explained it is broken blood vessels and will go down in time. It has been a week and half (not enough time?) worried a tumor may develope. Any body else have this issue?
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, I have only come across this once before and it was several years ago now. Back then it was recommended that bubs did lots of tummy time, sorry its hard to remember but it was something about using gravity to help correct the problem. I know that sounds weird but it worked over a couple of weeks..... Sorry Im not much help but it was a wee while ago. Same kind of thing they recommend to help correct shape of a bubs head, same basic theory. Blood blister will take a couple of weeks to disappear.
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:03 am 
Post subject:
my eldest daughter had like a lump on her head it turned bluish after several weeks and all healthcare people told me it would disperse into her body over weeks -seen a different gp one day and he said it wouldnt go it would calcify and her head would be like that-he was right ,it was caused by her been in the birth canal for such a long time with no progress until she was turned and pulled out with forceps, however she has always had quite a mane of thick blond hair so it isnt noticable to other people, but sometimes her hair doesnt sit right
my sister in laws first child had a cone shaped head when he was born but that did resole within a week or so-he was a quick birth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular