happy but afraid and feeling so ill!!

DOBSON
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:42 am 
Post subject: happy but afraid and feeling so ill!!
Hi Girls,
I am 7 weeks pregnant and although I am over the moon I am terrified something is going to go wrong.I am desperate for my 12 week point and scan as I keep having the most horrific nightmares.I hear that alot of this behaviour is normal but I feel like I am going round the bend??
Also I am hearing alot of horror stories about labour and I find myself laying awake at night worrying about it.
I really want to relax and be happy about having my first baby but I dont quite dare enjoy it incase something is wrong......do any of you know what Im on about ...or am I just completely bonkers?!!!
And i am completely addicted to looking at the baby development thing on here-its amazing!!
Hope everyone is well and happy-and not being as sick as me.....I wont even start on the faint feeling.....
Lots of love.
xxx
gingin
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
hey and congratulations, everything you are saying is how we have all felt along the way read the other forums and you will see - i didnt realise i was pregnant until i was 7 weeks, then hey presto my nausea kicked in -thankfully i have only actually been sick once but i was absolutely wrecked - i always have juice before i get up with piece of dry toast/cracker/biscuit - it does seem to really help - am now starting week 13 and am starting to feel much more normal now, my only tip is not to read too much about anything too much info will make you worry just look after yourself and you'll be fine - i have a scan on the 12th but here in sweden we dont get our first proper ultrasound until week 17 - remember to take some vitamins too Gxx
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:28 pm 
Post subject: worried mummy
Hi honey,

well done on your pregnancy ! All the things you are experiencing are totally normal and part of the exciting jorney ahead for you. This is my second pregnancy, my first ended is miscarriage. I only have 3 weeks and 4 days to go until my due date. My sister is one year younger than me and has a two year old boy. She has insisted all the way through my pregnancy of re-living her horror labour and birth story in which she claims she almost died ( my mum was there and recalls otherwise!!!! ) She had a 50 plus hour labour with failed epidural and spinals, pethadine and gas and air and ended up having an emergency c-section under general anaesthetic. Now, this is extreme and she is obviously still traumatised by her experience. But what i DO have to remember and i would recomend you do, is realise that each story you hear is someone else's experience and it does not mean that yours will be that way. Try and listen to positive birth stories and if it comes to it, simply tell people that you really don't want to hear horror stories and would appreciate it if they tried not to scare the life out of you. I have had to tell my sister a couple of times now and eventually she has taken the hint that it really is not helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you all the very best. I know that the wait to the 12 week scan seems like ages at your stage. Because of my previous experience my husband and i paid for a private scan to be done at 8 weeks - it does not mean that nothing can go wrong after this, but is reassured us that all was going well and it brook down that long wait to our 13 week scan ! It was the best 90 i have ever spent. XXXXX
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
Awww congrats on your pregnancy! I felt exactly the same as you up until the 12 week scan......was convinced that something was wrong and I think a lot of the weird hormones that pump around your body until 2nd trimester are responsible for a lot of it. When I look back now I was ike a totally differnt person! I still worry at 17 weeks now but usually about littler things that most of the time I find the answers on here about!!! With regards to labour worries....I feel you pain! I am starting to worry a bit about that now but I am just trying to be polite to the people who feel the need to tell me all their horror stories and nod my head and smile a lot whilst thinking furiously about baby names and decorating the nursery! Another good thing to get when you're 12 weeks is one of the angel doppler things which you can use to hear the heartbeat at home from around 13 weeks on....we found that really reassuring whenever I have a wee panic!
Keep calm and buy some babygros - my dad keeps saying to stop worrying about the baby and worry more about being skint and not getting any sleep after the birth!! Laughing
Claire xxx
booter
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
I completely agree with Cardea. No 2 births are the same. My friend/sil gave birth last night after what she described as a horrendous labour, but thankfully wouldn't go into detail as I am due in 6 weeks and she didn't want to scare me. I have resigned myself to the fact that it will probably be very painful but I think the key is to have enough stamina and endurance to go through the labour.
With regards to your worries, you sound exactly like I did. I became obsessed with reading all about the development of the baby week by week. The nausea did help take my mind off worrying constantly because it wiped me out completely. Keep positive if you can and the 12 week scan will come round soon enough.
xx
startinmyfamily
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
i am too terrified but if it was that bad would women keep having chilldren,
i would like to share a video i found i feel very excited about birth when i wathc it
go on to youtube.com
and type in birth 8 it is in black and white and just look at this beautiful birth video you will cry with joy i did
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:04 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya and congrats. feeling scared is so normal i dint wanna get my hopes up just incase i lost the baby. i also kept on doing test just so i cud see the positive. then i started thinking i wud get to the 12week scan and there wud be no baby.it does get easier as time goes on wen u see ya belly grow and feel kicks, but i dont think the worry ever goes away xxxbest of luck with your pregnancyxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular