My Options? What do i choose?

gorgeous1em
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:14 pm 
Post subject: My Options? What do i choose?
Help

I am 19 weeks pregnant, am i am starting to think do i really want a hospital normal labour? I am starting to think about a water birth - i just dont know what is available to me!? Any comments or suggestions will be very welcome. This is my first baby - girl!!! x Very exited but just dont have a clue what to expect or what will be best for me.
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
hi,

Im just 9 weeks pregnant and iv been thinking about a water birth too.
Im in the same boat as you though-dont know anything about it and where i can go to find out if it is available for me.lol.

Hope you get some advice soon-itll help me too. Smile

Good luck and hope you get what you want. xx
gorgeous1em
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou hunny - yeah you too! Its so hard to get the info you need isnt it! I just suddenly thought this afternoon - how DO i want to give birth, where and what are my options??? Nearly half way through so need to sort it now really! x

Found out im having a girl last week. We are so exited! Decided to call her Brooke Olivia (bo for short)
booter
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Your doing the right thing in thinking about your options early on, as you've probably noticed, the time flys by.

I'm due on the 27th. I'm afraid to say that it was never explained to me, the various options available for labor so I read book after book and got some advice from friends and family.

From what I have read and heard, it should be possible for you to have a home birth provided your pregnancy has been uncomplicated, all you need to do is book it with your hospital. Most hospitals have a birthing pool but particularly with my hospital, you can't book it, it's done on a first come first served basis, however I have heard of people who were adament they wanted a water birth and then when the time came they found it uncomfortable and got out. If you don't specify anything they will automatically assume you wan't a hospital labor/birth.

I have decided to go with a hospital labor/birth as our house is a semi so I don't want to be worried about making too much noise or disturbing the neighbours and also it will give me a break from the house.

Congrats by the way. I'm having a boy, and a big one by the looks of things!!
gorgeous1em
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats on the little - or big - boy! xx hehe x

Yeah i think i am going to talk it through with my other half. I will probably want all the drugs possible so will probably be at the hospital!!! x
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:13 am 
Post subject:
congrats. id like a lil boy.lol xx
darlingbaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:40 am 
Post subject:
I've had 2 previous hospital births and both experiences have inspired me to look at options outside the hospital. You have to be very very assertive to get your natural birth at the hospital. I am now interviewing midwives and am excitedly planning a home birth. I don't have any experience on water birth (but that will change around june Very Happy ) but I would suggest reading everything you can get your hands on. I've read gobs of medical journals, studies, etc, by doctors and universities and am very satisfied that this is a safe option.
Good luck to you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular