taking formula milk on flights & through customs- help!

CarlyChapman
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:44 pm 
Post subject: taking formula milk on flights & through customs- help!
Hi all

im taking my son on his first holiday abeoad next week and wondered if any1 knew what the rules were @ london gatwick?

also does anyone know where i can get formula milk sachets?

thanks
worthyworld
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
Read this from Virgin Atlantic - hope it helps you:-

http://www.virginatlantic.com/en/gb/passengerinformation/travellingwithchildren/index.jsp

Also I think this is a good read fro you too:-

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/index.shtm

My topic of the week on my blog is travelling with children so check it out all this week!
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:13 am 
Post subject:
hiya. i just travelled from manchester to auckland & you can take pre-prepared formula through the security, but you have to sample/taste 50% of the milk yourself, i.e. if you are taking 2 bottles, they will make you try 1 of them. BUT i found from the manchester airport website that you could pre-order formula from the Boots shop so you could go through security with no formula, then collect it from the departure lounge which I thought was fab! We took one ready made bottle & one small carton of ready made milk through security, hubby just had to sample the bottle (so we didnt have to open & waste the carton), then once through customs etc we went to boots & collected our order. Try looking at the airport website for this, im sure there will be a Boots store there wont there?

Also, maybe you already have one, but I bought a Tommee Tippee single bottle/travel cold water steriliser to use on the journey. I got it from Wilkinsons usual price 9.99 but I paid 2.50 as it was on really really good offer! You just wash the bottle out after each use, fill steriliser up with cold water add half a steriliser tablet & 30 mins later the bottle is safe to use again. it was a god send for us on the long flight.

happy travelling! x

KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 am 
Post subject:
yep you can take formula through but you have to taste it. make sure you get the clear bages when going through security and put any bottles, powers or cartons in there so that they can see.

we had one bottle made up and the rest cartons

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular