False Labour?!

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:49 am 
Post subject: False Labour?!
Hi All,

My baby is due tomorrow (eeeek cant believe i'm finally saying that), and i've been getting what I think must be braxton hicks for weeks now. last night, i started getting period like cramps and had really bad backache from about 7pm. We went up to bed at 10, and i sat up reading, and timing the pains. I was getting about 3 every hour, and they were lasting between 20 and 40 seconds. Eventually (about 2am), i fell asleep. I've woke up this morning, and my back is still sore, and i'm still getting some pains, and also shooting pains in my pelvis. The pain isnt unbearable, its more like a mild period pain.

Is this labour? Is it false labour? Everyone keeps saying to me "you'll know when you're in labour", but what if I dont?! Its my first baby, and i think my boyfriend is getting sick of me saying "i think this is it"!!! Any advice would be great, thanksxxx
booter
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 am 
Post subject:
HI Petralou,

Congrats for your forth coming arrival. I'm due in 16 days time and have been experiencing similar pains and discomforts as you. I have been feeling BH's for weeks now but they have become increasingly stonger lately and are sometimes followed by backache or pains similar to that of menstrual cramps.

I think what you are experiencing is your body preparing for giving birth and it may well be the early signs of labor. The real contractions should, over time, become stronger, longer (lasting about 60 - 75 seconds) with a shorter time in between. Keep your eyes peeled for a 'show' or your waters breaking.

It might be an idea just to inform your MW or the maternity ward?

Good luck x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Booter, yes i was thinking of ringing them today, but they seem to be so irregular and far apart, i might wait and see if they start regularising! Ive still got backache, but havent had a show or anything! I really didnt want to go over, although i know most first pregnancies do! I'm just desperate to see my little one now!

Thanks for your advice, but i think i might have to wait a few more days yet! xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
good luck and keep us posted xx lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular