Attempting sleep training but 11 month old moving around cot

loupea
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:17 am 
Post subject: Attempting sleep training but 11 month old moving around cot
My 11 month old has had a regular bedtime routine since six months old and has slept fairly well all night during this period. In the last week she has refused to go to sleep even though the routine has remained the same. She now sits up in her cot crying or turns over or turns around. I go in using the checking routine after 5 mins increasing to 10 then 15 then 20 and so on and move her back onto her back and tuck her in. I don't pick her up just a quiet ssshhh and a gentle stroke on her forehead. Unfortunately I must be going wrong somewhere as she takes over two hours now to settle and still wakes screaming during the night. She eats very well and has increased her food in line with a growing baby but it has become a serious issue recently as my older two children are woken during the night as well as my husband and I. Please if anyone has any ideas could you let me know!! Many thanks, Louise
Aimz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Louise,
I'm having hthe same trouble. My daughter, Sayen, is almost 10 months old and is doing the same. Has you baby recently started crawling and pulling herself up? I wonder if that is why Sayen is doing this.
If you do fine any amazing ways of coping or changing this, please let me know. And likewise I will do the same.
Good luck
Aimee
campergirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:55 pm 
Post subject: Not Sleeping
Hi
I also have a 11 month old baby boy who refuses to sleep all night and i am going to give this sleep training another go. Our son Bradley has not been very well and his sleep pattern is all over the place
Ange1a
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
I found putting my baby in a tog and tucking the tog at the bottom of the bed along with a sheet over her worked. The sheet was then tucked in with a towel either side so she was snug and didn't move around so much. Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular