Testing for ectopic. Do my Hcg levels look normal?

michelle1323
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:02 pm 
Post subject: Testing for ectopic. Do my Hcg levels look normal?
I am having pain in the left of my pelvic area, I wnt to the dr and had a us at 4 weeks 1 day and there was a sac but they said 1 in 3 can have a sack with the baby still in the tubes. My hcg on 4 weeks 2 days was 718 then 1630 two days later. Is this to High or is it normal? I go back for another ultrasound on Monday,I will be 5 weeks 1 day Sad but Im going to go crazy over the weekend!
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there I had same problem as you - had blood test last Tuesday they came back at 6900, I was approx 5 weeks pregnant at that point, had my US on Friday they put me at 5.5 - 6 weeks pregnant and we saw heartbeat, fetal pole, sac and yolk, I am still having pain and am currently taking paracetamol to keep it manageable, the hosp have no idea why just that I have cysts and one has been bleeding. Have been told those levels double every other day so I would say yours look good as they told me mine were v. healthy...hope that puts your mind at ease a little. Good luck x
FingersCrossed
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
I have also had really sharp stabbing pains in the left side of my abdomen since 4 1/2 wks and I am now 6 1/2. I went for all sorts of tests and they could give me no explanation, just that it is not ectopic so try not to worry too much I am sure that it is just growing pains!
michelle1323
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks that does make me feel a little better! I will let you know what we find out tmrw.
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
hi i was tested too. those results are fine as appently they are supposed to double in normal pregnancy, even though that wasnt the case for me! when they scanned me at 5 weeks and 3 days there was still a sac so if they scan u and see nothing dont panick as it might stil b too early!
michelle1323
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:47 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the positive advice!!! We had our ultrasound today and our bean is right where it should be !!!!! Very Happy
bloominglovely
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject: bean being where it should??
i wanted to reply to this as me and my partner are going through the same thing, we thought we were the only ones traumatising over this until i found this site, phew so many others have been in same boat. I too found out early (3wks 3days) and was being treated as ectopic because of pains and no show on scan and until they diagnosed different, the waiting for blood results was horrific, i had 2 blood tests done last week one on thursday and another on saturday and they tripled almost which was a good sign ( i hope), were going for our 1st scan on the 20th just to verify it is in the right place and doing okay, until we see our little dot on the screen were still panicking and praying, hope everything goes okay for you, and fingers and toes crossed this little bean has ended up in the right place too xxxxxxx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations michelle, im glad its all ok. Smile

Im sure youl be ok to bloominglovely Wink xx
bloominglovely
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:00 pm 
Post subject: bean where it should be....please,please,please!
thankyou for your wishes, i have to wait until 20th to go for scan and it seems every day is going slower and slower whilst we wait. i go to bed hoping and praying and thanking my lucky stars that even tho we havnt had scan yet, its still another day gone by and still another 24 hours of hope given. we have 9 days to wait.......please please let this bean be where it should and i hope and pray it grows stronger x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular