Weird patchy rash

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 pm 
Post subject: Weird patchy rash
My 16wk old has recently developed a odd looking rash, it appears in tiny circles, red and the skin is peeling of them.

Has one on his arm, a few on his back, lots of his feet and ankles and one under his manhood.

Any ideas????? Question
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
wow - sounds nasty - chicken pox?

definitely see the doctor asap though, if you haven't already!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
I saw the Doctor (was just the duty dr) as soon as the first one appeared, it looked similar to ring worm but not as red. (I myself have a skin condition that looks like ring worm but isn't has a weird sounding name and very rare, 1 in a million have it, so was worried it was the same)

The doctor dismissed it, saying that it was quite normal, just moisturise it. I was in and out of the room in less than 2mins. Evil or Very Mad

It has got worse on a daily basis, and the skin is starting to split. The original one has faded and is about the size of an adults small fingernail.

I am back at the drs tomorrow, after I called today and complained about the attitude and response of the other dr. The poor little thing is obviously very sore, and with it being so hot today it's all split and bleeding under his arm pits.

Hopefully it's nothing too serious, although he is off his milk again today and not a happy boy!
Sad
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:31 am 
Post subject:
if it has gt worse i wud go bak to ur doctors.

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
I have been back to the doctors this afternoon, and have been advised that it might be eczema (runs in my side of the family anyway) , got a mild hydrocortisone and told to continue with moisturiser as well.

She was more helpful than the previous doctor I saw, but again I got the impression that I was worry about nothing. Evil or Very Mad These doctors are not living with this problem on a day to day basis. She wasn't there last night when I took off his t-shirt and he screamed out as his arm pit skin had split and was bleeding!

I feel that I am right to go to the dr when there is a need to. H/V told me to go as well as I saw her today.

Is anyone else getting similar problems with dr's almost dismissing them as over-protective mothers? Rolling Eyes
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
yer my doctors never listen to me there really annoying.

you do right gogin bak though.

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:57 am 
Post subject:
Zhale wrote:
I have been back to the doctors this afternoon, and have been advised that it might be eczema (runs in my side of the family anyway) , got a mild hydrocortisone and told to continue with moisturiser as well.
Is anyone else getting similar problems with dr's almost dismissing them as over-protective mothers? Rolling Eyes

Hunter has eczema too. We use the hydrocortisone to help keep it under control, used first thing in morning and then after a bath at night. We bath him in Pinetasol to help stop itching, using Aqueous Cream as a soap and moisturiser substitute (really good stuff) and if the eczema looks bloody it may have a minor infection. For that we keep a tube of Bactroban Ointment, it works fast and its really good, used 3 times a day until the eczema is under control and then we resume the hydrocortisone.

It can be hard work to start with but once under control you develop a routine to keep it at bay. You can get the odd flair up but with the Bactroban you can bring it under control quickly.
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:03 am 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for the advice. I used the cream after his bath last night , and again this morning. He already looks better. The doctor has said that it will probably flair up from time to time, but to see if this works for 2wks. So far so good.

But I will keep in mind some of the products you have mentioned, some has told me to use olive oil? Not sure though.

Thanks again Very Happy
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Olive oil will help dry skin but this kind of conditions needs more than that. Try to avoid any supermarket type brands of moisturiser unless it 100% natural, just the smallest thing can set it off, including the typical baby soaps, thats where the Aqueous Cream comes in Very Happy Best of luck!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular