First time mum and I am an emotional wreck

bamabam
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:01 am 
Post subject: First time mum and I am an emotional wreck
hi all. Just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant and of course happy. Only been trying for 2 months and at 40 I thought it would take a while.
I am in a state of shock. It all seems unreal.
At the same time trying to give up smoking. i know how bad it is , but finding it tougher than I thought.
My poor hubbie thinks I have become a monster, I am irritable, moody, mean and just aggitated all the time.
I really want to enjoy this time , but I cannot seem to calm down.
Sad Sad
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy Congratulations to you and welcome from another mum to be at 40...I have been through a rollercoaster of emotions with this pregnancy too but I do feel now that at 9 weeks things are looking a little rosier, take one day at a time and relax. There are lots of other ladies on here and there is always someone to share things with good or bad, I have found this site brilliant for any questions I have had.

Good luck and take care, Flossie xx
bamabam
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. I do think I am going mad somedays. Hopefully i will calm down.
Laughing
Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 am 
Post subject:
It's not just you!
I have days when I think I can't do this, I don't like being pregnant and I'll be a rubbish mum and generally hate the world and then the next day I wake up and I can't wait to see my baby. Everyone keeps telling me it's my hormone going wild and it'll calm down ....... I really hope so, I'm getting on my own nerves Laughing
bamabam
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject:
Thanks marmalade. I know what you mean, I keep telling myself off everytime I get moody. Got my first doctors appointment today, hoping it will help me get my head round things. hopefully it cannot make me worse. Laughing
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Very Happy

I gave birth 5months ago and during my pregnancy i bought birthing cds from http://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/ I found these really helped me to stay calm and relaxed throughout my pregnancy.

I found it very enjoyable to listen to the cds on a daily basis

Make the most of this time, as i havent had a proper sleep for ages! Confused
gingin
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
hey, I think you should read my other posts !! you are so not alone i am 37 and am now 13 weeks 2 days - i am only now starting to feel slightly normal but saying that i am still very emotional - i also have had days of depression as well as the volatile mood swings - irritable is probably far too mild a word for how i have been feeling i tell you
we had our second scan yesterday and now i am a different person - to see that little person waving and moving and eating puts everything into perspective - sadly all the side effects i had are very very standard and normal - so please dont think you are alone
also they do ease as your hormones settle

take good care of yourselves especially during this first trimester
g
x
outoftheblue
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:51 pm 
Post subject: emotions early pregnancy and stopping smoking!
hey hope youre hormones are settling down a bit.. i thought i was going crazy for a while but now in 2nd trimester am loads better.
i stopped smoking soon after finding out i was pregnant and have smoked for 15yrs,about 20 a day. it was SO SO SO HARD to start off with but i promise you it gets easier... i found it good to plan small present buying for myself on regular occasions ie one pressie after one week no smoke then another after three weeks and so on . it helped when my friends were off to have a ciggerette that i could tell my self no i dont want one i want a present instead! and its not like it costs much money when you consider how much you were spending on cigs!

lots of luck anyway... youre not alone

xx Very Happy
startinmyfamily
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
i feel the same as you all i am 23 and it seems to be just as nerve chomping for me as it is for you. but this seems to be a great group with fantastic support.
i am sure everything will be fine. as for the smoking sometimes the stress is more unhealthy for you and your baby so just take it slowly and cut ot one a day every day go swimming it has helped two of my pregnant smoking friend
good luck, take it easy and enjoy Smile Smile Smile
bamabam
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for all the replies. till moaning a lot, but trying to be a bit more jolly.
doing well with not smoking, though now keep on focusing on a nice glass of baileys with lots of ice. always want what you cannot have.

Oh well I can dream Laughing
zacharysmom
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 am 
Post subject:
iam 24 on my 8th week and apart from the complete and total amnesia that iam starting to have(much to my boss' chagrin!) i can be such a cow sometimes!! i can hear the nasty words coming out of my mouth and am completely powerless to stop it...but i always feel horrible afterwards (as if that helps!!)hahaha but trust me girl...you aint alone Very Happy

the smoking thing is really hard but i managed to give it up bse the smell makes me nauseous,thank God!! hope you find a way to kick it too!!
Congrats again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular