A bit of encouragement for young mums!

lusciousloz2005
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, i agree with everyone on here, young mums do get judged...i'm 19, fell pregnant with my son at 18 and gave birth at 18, he's now 5 months old. I get dodgy looks from old people who obviously think that because i'm young that means i'm not a good mum. Well...i love my son just as much as i would if i was older, he is my world. I'm also not letting having a baby young ruin my career, ok at the moment i'm living on benefits...but i have a part time job, so i'm earning what and when i can...i'm also starting college in september to do hairdressing which means i'll have a career and be earning money to support me and my son. Ok so i'm on benefits, but i'm making the changes to my life and getting the qualifications so i can support myself and jake...without relying on other people. Young mums deserve as much respect as older mums, i'm so proud of how i've coped...and you all should be too! x
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
I very much agree, good for you Smile xxxx

Freesha
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
well done ladies...it take a strong mind to cope with having a baby at the young age and the people that have done it deserves more than just a pat on the back.

good luck to everyone Laughing
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thank-you xxxx Very Happy Very Happy

kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:56 pm 
Post subject: Re: A bit of encouragement for young mums!
Jessicar1990 wrote:
Hi, I have read quite a few posts about people being stereotyped as ruining their lives by having babies young, well i just thought id let you know that alright maybe a few people do let it ruin there lives, but my mum had me when she was 18, and my brother 2 years after, now im 18 and expecting my first and my brother is at college pretty much able to look after himself lol.

well my mum is only 37 so she still has a lot of life left and currently she is training at uni to be a midwife! she has delivered babies and everything and im so proud of her.

some jobs are best done by more experienced people in my opinion, thats probably why she has already had a load of thank you letters and a few gifts.

-sorry to blow my mums trumpet lol, but im so proud of her, shes my inspiraion Very Happy
KIDS DONT RUIN LIVES!!!! Very Happy xxxx

that is really inspiring hun and is so weird

as i was thinking of having my babys young and then when theyre old enouhg going back to college for my alevels ( didnt get to complete them as i had an accident which caused major injuries) and then going on to train to be a midwife Very Happy
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular