Sleep and reflux

frustratedmommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:25 am 
Post subject: Sleep and reflux
My son is 3 1/2 months old. We just figured out that he has silent reflux and he is now on zantac and Nutramigen. I have read that this is a common problem, but no one has been able to give me a solution. My son sleeps pretty well at night, but nap times are awful. I put him down and after 30 minutes he is up and crying at the top of his lungs. He will not sleep unless I am holding him! I've tried to put him down after he's asleep too, but that also ends in disaster. I've given up putting him in the crib all together during the day....I just hold him so I don't have to endure the crying. I tried to put him in a tucker sling (a wedge so he can sleep on an incline) and he hates that too. What's a new frustrated mom to do???? Crying or Very sad
Balw1n
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:57 am 
Post subject: Similar Probs
I am hoping the person who wrote on this forum - still has a look for further discussions - My bubs was born pretty much when you were experiencing these dliemmas and now is doing what you have mentioned about the day time naps 30-40 minutes only. I was wondering did you get any advice and what ended up happening - is your little one still experience the same problems? I do find it strange why Seth (my little one) can sleep solidily at night thru to morning and why it is only his day time naps that he has wind and burps but can not be settled once he has been burped..
Ange1a
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:08 pm 
Post subject: Reflux
I have heard that after feeding your baby you should keep him upright for a while afterwards (5-10 minutes) and this should help the reflux problem. I hope this helps.
frustratedmommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:16 pm 
Post subject: sleeping better
My son is now 6 months old. His medication was changed to Axid, which works better for him. He naps better but now our problem is that he has to be rocked or walked to sleep. He is not getting any lighter! My son had gas ALOT too, and when we put him on Nutramigen (hypoallergenic formula) it all went away. His pedi said he is probably allergic to the protein in cow's milk and to soy. We went through many many formulas before we figured this out. I would try little Seth on a hypoallergenic formula.

by the way.....we also tried gripe water.....it was a waste of money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular