Pushchair purchase advice-running

EmilysMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject: Pushchair purchase advice-running
Hi, I am 17 weeks pregnant and finally starting to get my head around it all.
It is a bit early to buy a pushchair etc, but a couple of friends rushed purchases and weren't happy so am trying to do some research, especially in view of the cost.
I am a runner - although not at the minute as I keep falling asleep-in fact bump ran London marathon at 6 weeks before I found out! I've been told that some pushchairs are good to run with, but am struggling to find anymore specific advice than that, unfortunately I don't know anyone who uses one.
Has anyonne tried running with a pushchair?
If so which ones work?
Other than running by other preference is one that is ok on varied terrain. I realise that I am not going to be climbing to the top of Ben Nevis with it, but we have a dog and walks down the canal and resevoir will be happening, and I've no desire to get stuck in the mud!
All advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
hi fiona

I have a Jane Slalom Pro, which is described as a 'runners' pram, as it is a 3-wheeler with a disc brake (on the handle like a bike brake) and has proper inflated tyres. The carrycot top is brilliant, but I'm not massively impressed with the buggy top as it doesn't seem to support baby well at all. We go walking on the moors, up tors and stuff with the pram, and it copes great on grassy/bumpy and even muddyish terrain - no good on sand tho!!

its very maneuverable if you're running with it, but be careful of kerbs Wink

cheers
Anna
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:33 pm 
Post subject: Running
Thanks for the advice.
I will look out for it.
Are all three wheeler pram/pushchairs considered suitable for running/off-roading. Some look more substantial than others so I didn't know if some were more just for "fashion" as the three wheel ones seemed very popular at one point?

Fiona
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:26 am 
Post subject:
the things to look out for are 'proper' tyres - you will tend to find they only come on decent robust frames, and the smoothness of the ride is massively different to non-inflated tyres. If you're running you need to ensure the smoothest ride for baby as all those little rattles and bumps are hugely increased at speed Very Happy

the disc brake is noce to have on hills, but if you live somewhere flat it probably won't make much difference to you - my advice would be to go check a few out at a local Mothercare or Mamas and Papas shop or similar - you'll soon see the difference in the build quality Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Both the Baby Jogger Performance (at Babyworld) and Mountain Buggy Terrain (at Amazon) have been recommended to me as being great performing running buggies if that's any help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular