ZEEANDOLIVER

xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:22 pm 
Post subject: ZEEANDOLIVER
Hey hun, hows things? Havent been on in a while so im catching up, just read that Ollie is screaming Ruby is going through the same phase so ive stocked up on plenty of paracetamol Very Happy x

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Aww, hun..Am affraid I can't offer any advice..I have tried EVERYTHING Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Just when I think we're making a break through..he don't or hardly screams all day..then the next day he makes up for it.
I'd understand if he was bored, in pain etc..but no..he just does it cos he loves to Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes Mad He's even started doing it when were out now Shocked so I have to put him back in the parent facing pushchair again..so I can Sssshhhh him Rolling Eyes
I've tried the ignoring him (attention seeking), ssshhh'ing him, telling no!!, walking away (which does kinda work..but then I never get anything done if I keep walking away from him lol) distraction techniques..discussed with HV and she just said persevere Rolling Eyes

Get some ear plugs..and as soon as your OH walks through the door..you walk out for 10mins Laughing

Other than the screaming..how's things at your end then? Did your mum have a nice birthday?
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Bless him, i think its something new they learn and once they know they can do it theres no stopping them Rolling Eyes I know what you mean though, when we were shopping Ruby through her toy at a man and then he handed it back to her and she screamed, he must of thought what a horrible child Embarassed
Mum had a lovely birthday, was thrilled with the presents we got her! Ruby really enjoyed the zoo as well, very taken with sheep Laughing
How is Ollie on the moving front? Ruby is bum shuffling and has been trying her hardest to crawl she gets really close but then collaspes. Also shouts at her legs as if to say "why arent you doing what i want you to do" Laughing xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
Haha..shes a right character your little Ruby. Its so embarrassing, when your out and they're screaming. People look at you as if to say..'that poor child' Confused..but then I think to myself.."If they have kids themselves, they will understand and sympathise...if they don't, though sh*t"

I honestly thought Ollie was gunna be a bum shuffler, he's been gyrating his hips for weeks now then today he totally stumped me..when he was sat up..leaned over, kicked his legs behind him and was on all 4's Shocked Very Happy Then he just lay there for a bit totally chuffed with what he'd just done. Laughing But I can see a change in him, just from doing that..he is so much more confident..he's bending his body in ways he has never done before. And when we're holding him..he constantly want's down as if he's got places to go and people to see Laughing
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
Dear of him, its amazing how flexible they actually are isnt it. Did you buy one of those baby seats to go on a normal chair for when he's eating? Ive been thinking about getting one, mainly for my mums because Ruby hates the highchair she's got there. How much is Ollie eating now? Ive just made up loads of meals for Ruby, she eats better than i do! My first attempt at apple crumble went wrong but Mark politely ate it Laughing x

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ya chick Very Happy

Ollie is so much better now..his screaming has really calmed down and has been chattering away for a few days now. He's eating much better aswell, his appetite is brilliant. He sits there with his mouth open constantly lol, its lovely to see Smile I was eating sausage butties today and he kept pulling at my plate wanting some Laughing so I gave him some toast off the side..but he wasn't happy with that Confused he wanted my sausages Rolling Eyes Laughing

I haven't bought one of them chair things yet..I was thinking of making one Confused Smile am getting quite handy with a sewing machine now.
If you do get one, have a look on amazon..cos they are half the price than mothercare.

What kind of recipes do you do for Ruby..I have the AB books, but just wondering Smile Wanting some ideas. Have done a few lentil recipes and he loves anything with cheese. But just want some nice recipes with meat..he has pork and chicken..but not much beef really..do you do Ruby any meat or fish recipes?

Hows she going on with her screaching now, did you get some ear plugs?
Hope you and Mark are having a lovely evening.

xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular