Can anyone advise??

LisaMnGirls
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:57 pm 
Post subject: Can anyone advise??
I have always considered adopting a child but have a few questions that i cant seem to find answers too?

1. Do you have to have a certain level of savings / income?

2. Would an adoptive child feel less of 'my child' with us already having one biological baby?

3. Would my biological child feel any less loved because i feel the need to adopt?

can anyone advise

Lisa xxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
hi there,
i think adopting a child is one of the most amazing things someone can do..
i wouldnt think ur income/savings come in2 it..
there is a lady who lives behind my house who fosters children but she had adopted one,she does this full time and she doesnt work..im sure you must be a very loving parent so i dont think your adopted child would feel any less loved that your natural child..i also dont think your child would feel any less loved but obviously your child would need time to adjust to having another child in the home..
good luck with what you decide to do..xx
xxSUExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya! Your income will obviously be looked at but they don't discriminate for low incomes. Infact people can adopt even if they are unemployed.

I can't answer your second question as I don't have a biological child. But I can tell you I love my adopted son as if he were my own.

No, I don't think your child would feel less loved but I guess that all depends on how you handle the situation and also the age of your child. My husband has 2 biological children & they get as much love as they always did & they love Jamie like their own sibling.

Hope that helps you. Adopting is so rewarding, but also very emotionally draining, not to mention a long & drawn out process. Worth it in the end though

check out this site for any other info you may want

http://www.adoption.org.uk/information/default.html

xxx
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
hi, i was adopted when i was 14 months old, i had been in care since i was 4 weeks old, i dont feel any less of their child or any less loved hun, if you want to know anythin else feel free to ask xxx
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:03 pm 
Post subject: Re: Can anyone advise??
Islasmummy wrote:
I have always considered adopting a child but have a few questions that i cant seem to find answers too?

1. Do you have to have a certain level of savings / income?

2. Would an adoptive child feel less of 'my child' with us already having one biological baby?

3. Would my biological child feel any less loved because i feel the need to adopt?

can anyone advise

Lisa xxxx

Hey! I was adopted right from birth. IT was the best thing my birth parents ever did. Right now i am in the process of looking for them. I would explain to your biological child that this child needs our family and we should give it a good home. No they would love to be adopted most adoptions are from families who dont want a child or cant finanically take care of them.. When my Real parents adopted me they only had to prove what they were going to do to take care of the child and the home
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular