Blood tests - day 21

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject: Blood tests - day 21
Hi, yesterday I had my first lot of blood tests (day 2 of af).

The nurse said that my next lot of blood tests will be on day 21 to see if I am ovulating.
Some months I use ovulation sticks to see when I am ovulating and they come up as positive. So will these '21' day blood tests just tell me the same thing.

Has anybody else had blood tests? and do you know what will happen if these 21 day blood tests come back as negative, i.e. i'm not ovulating?
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I haven't had blood tests to check i'm ovulating, but from what I gather that is what they are checking with you, I believe they check your progesterone to see if you have ovulated.
It is possible to have a LH surge and get a positive opk but then not ovulate, so by having the blood test you will get a deffinate result as to whether you have ovulated or not.
Hope this helps you xx

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
i have had the day 21 blood tests they check ur progesterone level i think ideally they like it to be over 30 mines was 34
if its to low (sorry im not sure how low is to low) then its a sign u may not be ovulating and if thats the case then there is medication they can put u on to boost ovulation such as clomid its a pill which jst helps the ovulation process and u get re tested a few months later to check its worked!!

im sure all will be fine xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular