Air travel with a bugaboo

Gill2008
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Air travel with a bugaboo
Does anyone know if I can bring my bugaboo to the gate with the bugaboo travel bag or if its in the bag does it have to go into checked luggage.
The last time we travelled our LO was only 3 months so I carried him and checked in the buggy but he is now 7 months and to heavy to carry (even in the sling). Can anyone throw some light on this one for me
BandaPanda
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:55 am 
Post subject:
Hi Gill

It really depends on the airline AND the airport! I last flew with RyanAir and their terms state that you can take a foldable pushchair to the steps 'if local conditions allow' that.

Now in Liverpool I was able to take it right to the plane , so I folded it and put it in the bag.

When I got to Bererac in France they gave me my pushchair back at the bottom of the steps, and coming home wheeled it to the plane!

HOWEVER when I got back to Birmingham (had to fly back to different airport) there were steps up from the runway and they refused to give me the pushchair - luckily my mum was with me so she helped with my bag and I carried Izzy ...all the way to the carosel!

SO although you can read the terms and conditions of the flight provider you would have to phone the airport and ask about that specific flight - as I understand some flights use steps from the runway, others have those tube things - both of those mean you cant use the pushchair...you can only use it if there are no steps etc!
Gill2008
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:11 pm 
Post subject: Air travel with a bugaboo
Hi Lisa,

Thanks a million for your very helpful reply. I think we are going to check it in and bring a small travel buggy with us for the airport. May have to pay the extra but I think its easier cause if they wont let us bring the 'very large' bugaboo bag through security then we are left carrying Harry which is no fun at almost 1.5 stone.

By the way, Isabelle is beautiful - enjoy every minute with her and thanks again for your advice

Gill
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular