Sperm Donation

hmccracken
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:54 pm 
Post subject: Sperm Donation
Hello All.. For the past couple of months, my husband has been having test after test done to figure out why he wasn't showing sperm in his semen analysis tests. We just found out this past Friday that he has 'maturation arrest' and will not be able to conceive kids. The Dr. said our two options for children at this point are Sperm Donation or Adoption. I guess I was wondering if anyone else's husband (or significant other) has had this diagnosis and if there really isn't any hope for us. We have talked about the whole donor topic numerous times and he wants me to have one. There are so many questions out there though- I don't know how we would ever decide on someone. I guess if anyone has any information on the topic, it would be great. Anything from how you emotionally dealt with it to how long it took for you to get booked for the procedure.. what tests you had to go through, anything. Thank you so much.
mumof01
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:06 am 
Post subject:
Hi
I havent been through this...but on how to choose someone...ask someone close i.e. Ur hubbys brother, a close male friend,cuzon,uncle.
Im actually panicking my self at moment and its to early to tell at moment but me and my hubby are ttc weve only been trying since 24th august so im just waiting apon period date to see what happens. Im worried in case his sperm is no good as hes never had kids, ive had one frm a previous relationship.
Mel xx
NyandAnil
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:25 am 
Post subject:
i too would ask someone close if its applicable. i have donated my eggs before and wouldnt hesitate in doing it again.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular